The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-25-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
"I have finally received an update from Peavey and unfortunately they are no longer offering CA composite acoustic models."
Well, I guess that is all for CA then. I noticed that my LGS that had always stocked them now shows "out of stock" on their web site. I gotta wonder what happened to the seven that were hanging on the wall in two stores and the others in their warehouse? It had been a while since I visited them (maybe January) well before the virus lock down. Maybe they had a clearance sale that I missed?
Old 05-25-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Well, I guess that is all for CA then. I noticed that my LGS that had always stocked them now shows "out of stock" on their web site. I gotta wonder what happened to the seven that were hanging on the wall in two stores and the others in their warehouse? It had been a while since I visited them (maybe January) well before the virus lock down. Maybe they had a clearance sale that I missed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
Be nice to see someone buy CA from Peavey, but I imagine the chances are slim to none. Sorry to read that bit of news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Well, then, I am definitely hanging onto my three pre-Peavey Cargos! I am sure glad that I was able to get replacement GOTOH 510 mini tuner sets (which CA Guitars used on all my Cargos - the Hipshots came later), bridge pins, nuts, and saddles. I just had a feeling back then that this was too good to last.

Tony
Even though I don't own a CA guitar (not from lack of looking) this news is disappointing to me. I agree, it would be nice to see another company buy CA from Peavey. Definitely keep what you have as it looks like they will be collectors items. I still see a lot of online stores that have OX and cargo models in stock, but no GX models.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:51 PM

It sure doesn't seem as if Peavey really gave CAs much of a chance. Interesting to learn more about the original acquisition, what they expected, and what they achieved (in sales).
Old 05-26-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Christens View Post
It sure doesn't seem as if Peavey really gave CAs much of a chance. Interesting to learn more about the original acquisition, what they expected, and what they achieved (in sales).
Yeah I agree. Maybe they didn't sell as good as Peavey hoped they would? Either way this news only increases my desire to find a GX with a 1 3/4" nut even though I certainly don't need any more guitars.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:56 AM

I had planned on selling our Peavey built CA Cargo, since my wife likes her Emerald X7 better. Maybe I should wait a bit and let it appreciate as a collectable?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber