The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-25-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Elementary;

I see Fixed is willing to help you out--me too, depending upon what the price might be. You might try a "make offer" on the forums advertising section. That would be fun.
Good point Evan...per your and also mine philosophy Buy high sell low and write off the loss as rental charge for the exploration.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:52 AM
Guest 928

Fixed;

To take it one step further, what Elementary should do is just flip a coin and give it to one of us. What a great gift!
Old 04-25-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Fixed;

To take it one step further, what Elementary should do is just flip a coin and give it to one of us. What a great gift!
Evan....as our resident carbon fiber nylon expert, I defer to you and give you first right of refusal:-). I would love to hear your opinion first before I buy any nylon guitars... perhaps we could work out a time share ... Boston in the summer and Arizona in the winters ;-)
Old 04-25-2020, 03:27 PM
Guest 928

You propose an interesting timeshare since I don't live in either place mentioned. Maybe you're confusing me with my nephew Kramster (heaven forbid).
Old 04-27-2020, 11:57 AM

Hey all,

Sorry, even though I really do despise it, I'm keeping it

It's the perfect small learning guitar for my girls (5 and 8).

To answer your questions, I hate just about everything about it: it sounds like a toy strummed and it sounds like a toy fingerpicked. The fretboard is also way too narrow for my fat fingers. (I play 1 7/8" guitars). After years of compromise, I will never buy another guitar that's not 1 7/8"...which basically means I can only buy Emeralds now...or custom wood.

Like I said earlier, I use my Outdoor tenor uke every day in music class. It's not the best sound in the world, but it also doesn't bother me. It's loud and bright. It's heard over a classroom of kindergarteners.

This guitar is just, to my ears, dull and tinny. My wife agrees. She hated it as soon as I took it out and started playing it.

All that said, I think it's better strummed than fingerpicked, which is weird for a nylon string.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:11 PM
Guest 928

Elementary;

Thank you for your candid review. I also like that you're keeping the instrument, thus saving potential grief for others. I like also that you do vouch for the guitar as a starter instrument. And finally, your review does not exclude the guitar as a potential beater for camping and rough environments.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the follow up review... glad you found a use for it and saving me the expense/disappointment of it’s sound. I was hoping it would have a basser sound but more like the tenor uke which I enjoy! Hope it ignites a passion for guitar playing for your girls!
Old 05-16-2020, 04:56 PM

Nice review...

https://youtu.be/QKOJEYW7ln4
Old 05-17-2020, 09:19 AM
Guest 928

Fixed;

Thank you for this very nice review! This is obviously a real guitar and pretty versatile for a small instrument.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber