The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-24-2020, 07:47 PM

If you’ve seen a recent picture of Arlo Guthrie’s hair, that’s kinda how mine looks now but not as long. His is white but mine is grey and it’s still full and wildly curly.

My wife loves it and doesn’t want me to get it cut. I think I look like my finger got stuck in a light socket.

I had thought about growing it out a few years ago but cut it before it even got this long. I think I’ll let it grow out this time.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind." Twelfth Doctor
Old 05-24-2020, 09:10 PM

Still have a full head of hair. I had been wearing mine a bit longer of late but still "professional" looking. Was scheduled for a trim the week we went into lockdown, and it had already surpasses the "longer but neat" into the "overgrown" range. What is annoying is that the bangs, instead of staying out of my eyes when I slick them back, now have enough weight to hang in the eyes. Taken to regularly wearing a du-rag or bandana to deal with that. Apparent I am a Crip. Ponytail is still 6 months off.

I had kept the beard short, but I let it grow out for about 6 weeks. Now have it trimmed at a longer length.

I had hair to below my shoulder blades senior year of high school. (mid-70s)This after having had a forced haircut by pocketknife when I was a skinny underweight freshman, courtesy of 4 burly redneck football players in buzzcuts out behind a high school dance in my little rural hometown. My sin was having hair that had crept over the top of my ears, which made me a dirty hippie. I didn't even get a cut to clean up where they had sawn out chunks. Just let it grow. It has been long and short since, although my last ponytail was cut in the mid 90s.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:52 AM

Nope. No haircut here. The gray hasn’t moved that far north yet but the old mop top from the 90s is back. A couple of years ago I saw a replica Woodstock 1969 tie dye t-shirt in the local Wal Mart and had to grab it. If my hair gets any longer I may take to wearing it more regularly.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

Hi, after i realised that I was starting to resemble the chap below, I asked my wife to trim my hair.
I'm looking cool again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cfcc3538808649c549eb20d568625c82.jpg (53.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 05-25-2020, 09:49 AM

A lot of us are letting it grow.

I'm seeing a trend...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 05-25-2020, 12:38 PM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
A lot of us are letting it grow.

I'm seeing a trend...
Old 05-25-2020, 12:47 PM

For the last decade I worked I buzzed my head with shears every Saturday night. On Memorial Day weekend last year, knowing that I only had a month to go before retirement, I quit cutting it at all. I now have a year's growth. I told my wife I was thinking about getting it cut and she said, "Why? I like it like that." So, I think I'll just go with it.

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 05-25-2020, 02:18 PM

Last week, a friend of mine saw me on a Facebook open mic and said, "That Neil Diamond haircut works on you."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic