The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-08-2020, 11:57 AM

Here is a short demo. Strumming with fingers...no pick.

This is recorded using an Audio Technica 4040 into a Maag Audio PreQ4 preamp and then into a DBX 560 for very light compression before going into logic.

Forgive all the finger squeaks plz

Sable Demo
Old 05-08-2020, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamurah View Post
Here is a short demo. Strumming with fingers...no pick.

This is recorded using an Audio Technica 4040 into a Maag Audio PreQ4 preamp and then into a DBX 560 for very light compression before going into logic.

Forgive all the finger squeaks plz

Sable Demo
It sounds great. The finger squeaks are part of the experience. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:20 PM

Default New Member and NGD: McPherson Sable

Welcome to the forum. I am new to the McPherson Sable and carbon fiber party. It’s quickly become the one I reach for most often. And, I have a few nice Martins to compete for my attention. In Chicago, we get enough cold dry weather that I appreciate having a carbon fiber instrument. The Sable sounds so good I don’t feel like I’m giving up the wood sound for the convenience and ease of maintenance.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:00 AM

I don't have much personal history to compare the Sable. I have a good friend that has a Martin, a Seagull, and a nice Gibson, but the only other acoustic guitar I have in the house is a 3/4 Yamaha that I bought for my kids. Obviously there is zero comparison between that guitar and the McPherson. I have played his guitars and I would not trade the Sable for any of them. Likewise, I think it sounds and plays as good as any Taylor I have tried out in BanjoMart.

I have not found any aspect of the Sable's sound lacking. I don't feel like it is overly bright, and it has plenty of bottom end for my tastes. 'Balanced' is used often to describe the sound, and I agree with this.

The only thing I wish: I WISH I could get a carbon fiber neck like what is on the sable for my Telecaster. I just love the feel of that neck...so smooth and easy to play....not to mention the overall stability. Now that my strings have stretched, I haven't had to tune the guitar in two days....amazing.

If someone would start making aftermarket 100% carbon fiber neck replacements for major brands....I think it would be a hit. I don't know why it hasn't been done before, considering you could put a laminate on the headstock to match a desired wood for aesthetics. Maybe too cost prohibitive.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber