The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-23-2021, 01:10 AM

Default Time Issues? Get a Looper.

If you've started to record, and overdub, and multitrack and all that... and have discovered that your internal metronome needs work...

One of my kids was a pretty good garage guitar player with terrible time. He got interested in pedals, and one of them was a looper. To have any success with a looper, you have to whip your time into shape. He did it, and surprisingly quickly, and you probably can too. And loopers are surprisingly inspiring and fun.

Couch Standards
Old 10-23-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
If you've started to record, and overdub, and multitrack and all that... and have discovered that your internal metronome needs work...

One of my kids was a pretty good garage guitar player with terrible time. He got interested in pedals, and one of them was a looper. To have any success with a looper, you have to whip your time into shape. He did it, and surprisingly quickly, and you probably can too. And loopers are surprisingly inspiring and fun.
I wholeheartedly agree!

Here's a quick overview I did to demonstrate looper use for making your own "backing tracks" to play along with.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD