The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-04-2021, 04:42 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Default Installing Reaper on a new computer question

Do I have to un-install Reaper from my old computer first before I can install it on my new computer? I'd rather have it running on both machines so I can make sure I get all my plug-ins moved to the new machine too.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 12-04-2021, 08:09 PM

You can install the latest Reaper version on your new computer and move your plugins to the new computer. Reaper will open with the nag screen, but you will be able to verify that Reaper runs and your plugins are where they should be.

You may have to contact Cockos about transferring your authorization code to your new machine. They are very helpful for most anything you need to do.

I have a machine that is not connected to the internet and they e-mailed me my authorization code.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
You can install the latest Reaper version on your new computer and move your plugins to the new computer. Reaper will open with the nag screen, but you will be able to verify that Reaper runs and your plugins are where they should be.

You may have to contact Cockos about transferring your authorization code to your new machine. They are very helpful for most anything you need to do.

I have a machine that is not connected to the internet and they e-mailed me my authorization code.
Thanks Rudy. I sent an email to support.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 12-05-2021, 09:34 PM

If you still have your code, or your key file, you don't even need to contact Cockos support--you can just enter the code or put the key file on your new system. I believe you can have Reaper on as many machines as you want with one license, you're just not supposed to use it on more than one computer at a time.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:41 AM

I don't recall having to uninstall but I do recall having to copy the .rk license file over. The below procedure is off the Reaper Forum and, if memory still works, this is pretty much what I did when switching over.. Hope this helps.
================

If you have a backup of a working Reaper installation:

1) Options -> Open REAPER resource path
2) Copy the reaper-license.rk file
3) Paste the license file to the REAPER resource folder in your current Reaper version

Or save the reaper-license.rk from your email and copy it manually into the resource folder.

As a side note:

- If you install Reaper on a different computer or make a portable install to a different folder, you'll have to activate this installation again using your existing license key file.
- If you open the .rk file with a text editor, you can see through which Reaper versions the license file is valid.
- In case you don't have the license file anymore, contact Cockos Support: http://www.cockos.com/index.php
Old 12-06-2021, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
If you still have your code, or your key file, you don't even need to contact Cockos support--you can just enter the code or put the key file on your new system. I believe you can have Reaper on as many machines as you want with one license, you're just not supposed to use it on more than one computer at a time.
That is my understanding. I've run it on more than one PC at a time. You'll need the key they send when you buy it to put on another PC.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:52 AM

If you've spent time setting up keyboard shortcuts and custom actions they can be exported as a text (I think) file and imported at the other end.

Best software ever, well, audio software anyway.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD