The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-03-2021, 03:10 AM
Charter Member

Default Coler's Christmas Tunes [starting with Silent Night guitar & piano with video]

Well, as I was informed at the breakfast table, it is now officially time to get excited about Christmas (2 boys 8 and 6 and they have taught my 20 month old daughter to point at Santa and say ho ho ho).

The guitar arrangement is basically Pete Huttlinger's and is a lovely, simple, stylish arrangement (as always with Pete, who is my guitar hero). The piano is just something basic I came up with to play along with it.

I'm not crazy about that SC13E plugged in (pretty quacky huh) but it's a lovely guitar to play. I found it a real game changer when I started trying to get into finger style.

I always welcome your comments & feedback & thanks for watching.

Hoping I will add to this in the next couple of weeks with a few more festive tunes. Would be great to hear yours too.
Lowden S32J
Guild F-512e (Spruce/Rosewood)

Last edited by Coler; 12-03-2021 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

Hey Coler, that was great. I think the guitar with a slight quack is really OK for a song like this. The bells at the end were cool. I’ve got a 18 month old granddaughter and you are giving me a great idea to teach her something that will drive her parents crazy —ho ho ho
Old 12-03-2021, 07:58 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Really good Coler!

I bet you recorded this at 2 in the morning when everyone was asleep, didn't you!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 12-06-2021, 04:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
Hey Coler, that was great. I think the guitar with a slight quack is really OK for a song like this. The bells at the end were cool. I’ve got a 18 month old granddaughter and you are giving me a great idea to teach her something that will drive her parents crazy —ho ho ho
Hey Bob good to hear from you - thank very much. You're right, the plugged in tone here is not too jarring for the overall track.

I keep a box of stuff, like bells, tambourines, rattles, other noisemaking stuff (whistles, kazoos etc) around the place. They get the most use around this time of year when we have people over for carols & mulled wine.

We've got our three and their five cousins aged between 1.5 and 8 years, plus a few friends with kids so you can imagine Jingle Bells, Rudolph, and Santa Clause is Coming to Town gets quite the backing. It's a great time of year with the smallies and I really love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Really good Coler!

I bet you recorded this at 2 in the morning when everyone was asleep, didn't you!
Thanks Barry LOL you are so right. I reckon I started around 1am and got the piano done around 2. Silent Night indeed - because it's pretty much a zoo 23 hours a day around here otherwise.

Happy Christmas to you both guys.
Lowden S32J
Guild F-512e (Spruce/Rosewood)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell