The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-15-2018, 08:29 AM

Default When do you start a build thread?

When you order the custom built guitar? When you select the woods? When the luthier actually starts working on it?
Old 04-15-2018, 08:44 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znerken View Post
When you order the custom built guitar? When you select the woods? When the luthier actually starts working on it?
I think that is simply personal preference. I start mine when the builder begins the process. I've seen all sorts of variations. So, it's totally up to you. Have fun with it! You'll find lots of very nice people give lots of nice comments and encouragement along the way. AGF is a fine group of people!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 04-15-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
I think that is simply personal preference. I start mine when the builder begins the process. I've seen all sorts of variations. So, it's totally up to you. Have fun with it! You'll find lots of very nice people give lots of nice comments and encouragement along the way. AGF is a fine group of people!

I think mine is one and a half year down the road, but I do have a great photo of the Brazilian rosewood I chose! I’m counting the days..
Old 04-15-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znerken View Post
I think mine is one and a half year down the road, but I do have a great photo of the Brazilian rosewood I chose! I’m counting the days..
In my book, it's never too early to show nice wood picks In general, for me I like to see the work progress as it happens. Gives me the feeling of tagging along for the ride

2018 Michaud OO-R
2012 Webber Dreadnaught *SOLD*
2010 Eastman E20OM
1994 Guild D30
1979 Yamaha FG375S (retired)
1974 Norman B30 (retired)
Old 04-15-2018, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Whenever you’d like to share details. I wait until I’ve got something to show, but I’m interested to learn about builds in the pipeline. If you have specs or design samples, those are fun to hear about. Good luck.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:43 PM
AGF Sponsor

I've been running an ongoing build thread in AGF for my last 45 (before AGF in APM and before that in 13thfret) builds! Some of my customers have chosen to run their own build threads, and they mostly start them before the physical work begins, sometimes out of pure excitement, more often when the wood is chosen.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop