The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-24-2016, 02:50 PM

Default New Black Angel Demo & update on piezo availability

https://youtu.be/Rgncw2uOBH0

Larry DiMarzio's responding comments on the vid include the comment that the Black Angel piezo will be available by the end of February.

He also mentions that they've tested some mag/mic combos, but he prefers the mag/SBT combo up to this point.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:57 PM

Sounds OK as piezo goes, but still sounds quacky to me. Don't imagine that guitar sounds like that unplugged or mic'd.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:10 PM

I don't want to get off topic but I was more surprised to see Antoine using two Pz-Pre's on his board. It sounds like he runs the piezo into one and the magnetic into the other. Seems a bit overkill, especially considering how expensive both Radial boxes are and the features they have. It's cool to see though.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

This sounded a lot worse than the Jimmy Wahlsteen video...
Old 01-24-2016, 04:54 PM

I've liked the sound of all three of the recent DiMarzio Dual System vids. Its worth mentioning, however, that Dufour is EQing the mag much differently than Wahlsteen. Wahlsteen is using the full spectrum mag sound, while Dufour is rolling off the high end and some mids.

I was not a fan of the Angel/Shadow NanoFlex combination, but this new combo sounds much more appealing to me - in the videos at least.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification