The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-11-2009, 01:20 AM

Default Angelina (By Tommy Emmanuel) Acoustic Cover

Hello guys,

This is my attemp on one of the Tommy's beautiful song - Angelina. There are a lot of covers for this song out there and hopefully I am not making it too ugly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdoj4IrtlSE

If you don't mind please would you comment on my playing, perhaps give some suggestion for improvement?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers
AER Domino 2
TC Electronic G Natural
Old 06-11-2009, 07:27 AM

NICELY DONE WCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been attempting "Imagine" for about 3 months now, and it's sort of sounding nice with a sense of flow now. You are light years better with your touch than I am!!!!!!! You asked for constructive feedback so here goes, After the "intro" and the main melody started I got a nice, big "Internal Smile",(always a good thing when I hear music) as I was listening,
I thought maybe your Thumb downstrokes on the full chords were a bit too dynamic, with more volume, than the fingerpicks (This may be because my ears are sensitive to that from my own BATTLES with the "Touch" and volumes of the Thumb vs Fingers. Otherwise, your thumb seemed to match your fingers volume wise quite well.
I really enjoyed your harmonics at the end. Those are very difficult to pull off so smoothly. All in all, very impressive, keep at it!
Since you're in Australia you probably know this forum already, but I'll put the link in for anyone else interested in Tommy and his music.

http://forum.tommyemmanuel.com/

2004 Taylor 410
2006 Washburn WD18SW
2007 Guild GAD-G212
2001 Taylor 814CE
2008 Langer Cigar Box Guitar (Hand built by Me!!)
2008 Taylor Big Baby
2010 Antonio Hermosa AH10 Classical
Old 06-11-2009, 08:21 AM

very nicely done...........................
Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 PM

Wish I played like that. Nice job!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM

What else is there to say...excellent playing.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by langerr View Post
NICELY DONE WCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been attempting "Imagine" for about 3 months now, and it's sort of sounding nice with a sense of flow now. You are light years better with your touch than I am!!!!!!! You asked for constructive feedback so here goes, After the "intro" and the main melody started I got a nice, big "Internal Smile",(always a good thing when I hear music) as I was listening,
I thought maybe your Thumb downstrokes on the full chords were a bit too dynamic, with more volume, than the fingerpicks (This may be because my ears are sensitive to that from my own BATTLES with the "Touch" and volumes of the Thumb vs Fingers. Otherwise, your thumb seemed to match your fingers volume wise quite well.
I really enjoyed your harmonics at the end. Those are very difficult to pull off so smoothly. All in all, very impressive, keep at it!
Since you're in Australia you probably know this forum already, but I'll put the link in for anyone else interested in Tommy and his music.

http://forum.tommyemmanuel.com/
Thanks for your feedback, Langerr. I am awalys struggle to balance the volume generated by thumb pick with the finger, a good point that I will keep on practise for achieve the balance.

And also thanks rlouie, 66strummer and Bern for your time and feedback.

Cheers
AER Domino 2
TC Electronic G Natural
Old 06-11-2009, 06:15 PM

Impressive! TE is one of my favorites and your interpretation of his arrangement of Angelina is spot-on. Repetition will take care of any volume issues from you may have (which I didn't really notice) with your down-stroked chords. I actually have the same problem and have had to go with a lighter thumb pick.

'03 Martin OM-28V
'04 Breedlove McKenzie Mando
'05 Seagull S12+
'06 Larrivee LV-03E
'07 Takamine TC132SC
'08 CA 7M-CE, '08 CA Cargo
SWR California Blonde II, AAD Cub

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell