The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-23-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Well the article is garbage, but to be fair, they are talking about beginner guitars.
Yeh I'm glad that Martin, Taylor and Gibson made the list of starter guitars.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:15 AM

My guess, that chart represents the guitars in order of their sales, and of course the highest volume of sales would most likely have the highest degree of positive reviews.

You rarely hear anyone say;" I just purchased a new Epiphone Guitar, And I hate it."

Ed
Old 04-23-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Wow did anyone actually read it? Very painful to read. It looks like it was written by a ten year old, then google translated to another language, and then google translated back to English.
Whelp, now I gotta go read it.

EDIT

Highlights:
Owning an Epiphone guitar is like a dream come true for guitars. Especially, all the models from this brand are the limited editions.
If we talk about the beginners, then Les Paul 100 and Les Paul Special II are the acoustic guitar brands for them.
For professional or severe players
This is the only reason, which makes this company can grab the first spot in the guitar rankings.

Okay, I give up. Every statement has been 'Yoda-fied' in some manner, it's a must read.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Wow did anyone actually read it?
Afraid so. My favorite is:

"The company (Martin) uses tonewoods where ever possible, which results in saving wood."
Old 04-23-2018, 01:43 PM

This is fascinating...

I wonder to whom this is for.. Clearly not to an English-speaking population. I wonder if isn't some sort of "numbers station" like the news that did the rounds a few months ago of NSA and russian agencies' seemingly innofensive tweets having a double meaning. ( https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/10/...rough-twitter/ )

I mean what's the point of this site? Where do those numbers come from? Someone went to a lot of trouble to make that mess, there must be some hidden, deeper meaning!
Old 04-23-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmf View Post
Afraid so. My favorite is:

"The company (Martin) uses tonewoods where ever possible, which results in saving wood."
Lol yeah there’s some gems in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambi View Post
Whelp, now I gotta go read it.

EDIT

Highlights:

Owning an Epiphone guitar is like a dream come true for guitars. Especially, all the models from this brand are the limited editions.

If we talk about the beginners, then Les Paul 100 and Les Paul Special II are the acoustic guitar brands for them.

For professional or severe players

This is the only reason, which makes this company can grab the first spot in the guitar rankings.

Okay, I give up. Every statement has been 'Yoda-fied' in some manner, it's a must read.

It’s quite genius in its own right don’t you think? [emoji23]

Obviously there’s a language barrier, but his opinion is clear and there’s jut way too much wrong in this list. ,
Old 04-23-2018, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

Location: Stationary home in NJ. Mobile home on any given highway.

If it was good enough for Lennon....
Old 04-23-2018, 05:32 PM

I agree with this, and I didn't read read the article.
Two of them on stands around the house
Old 04-23-2018, 06:20 PM

It seems fairly obvious to me that whoever wrote that article doesn’t speak English as his or her first language. Whoever they are and wherever they live, the chances are excellent that they come across as much more intelligent in the language they grew up speaking.

I remember when I was living in Finland and my Finnish girlfriend Sirpa and I were ordering dinner at a restaurant (ravintola, in Finnish.). I don’t remember what caused the difficulty, but the waitress got fairly hostile. We finally got the order figured out, but after the waitress took the order to the cooks I told Sirpa:

“That waitress was really RUDE!”

Sirpa just said: “It’s difficult to be polite in somebody else’s language.”

Which has stuck with me, obviously. This article is a variant of that same situation: it’s difficult to appear intelligent and knowledgeable when you’re trying to communicate in a language that isn’t your own.

Hope that makes sense.

Wade Hampton Miller
Old 04-23-2018, 06:25 PM

Default It's official, Epiphone is the best for 2018!

Old 04-23-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Walker View Post
If it was good enough for Lennon....
And Paul too.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Guest 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfreek View Post
And Paul too.

But Epiphone didn't care enough to make him a lefty guitar—he had to modify it. Of course he was playing a real Epiphone, not to be confused with contemporary Epiphones, which are real Epiphones or course, but not the real ones as back when they were real. Got it? Get real.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Rat View Post
But Epiphone didn't care enough to make him a lefty guitar—he had to modify it.
From what I can tell, Paul generally bought guitars off the wall in music stores rather than try to get guitar companies to make instruments for him. There wasn't a lot of direct communication between most players and most guitar companies back then.

Rickenbacker was a major exception in that regard: they were smart enough to recognize that they'd struck gold when the Beatles started having Number One hit records using Rickenbacker guitars. Their presentation of a free Rickenbacker 12 string to George Harrison was a very canny move on their part.

But neither Gibson (or Gibson/Epiphone) or Martin would have done anything like that back then. In fact, John Lennon tried to get Gibson to provide a J-200 for him to pose with on the cover of "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," and Gibson grudgingly told him that the best they could do was sell him one at wholesale cost.

Stupid move, Gibson....can you imagine all the wannabe guitarists who would have felt it necessary to go out and buy Gibson J-200's had Gibson only been smart enough to provide one to John Lennon for the cover photo of one of the greatest (and best-selling) albums of all time?

whm
Old 04-23-2018, 09:39 PM

Nobody seems to be taking this thread very seriously. It's got to the point where we can't even stay on topic.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:39 PM

Such guitar. Very quality. Wow.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion