The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 04-13-2018, 04:21 PM

Default Saw Jake Shimabukuro last night!

My grand daughter just started playing ukulele, she's 11 almost 12, and as we started sharing about her new interest we both discovered that we knew of this amazing artist.....and, that he would be playing close by in a few months. Well, that was all that was needed! So, last night my daughter and grand daughter had a night out to see and hear him. What a night!!
We attended a Q&A before the show.....he's such a genuine and humorous guy! The show itself featured a talented guitar player, Jake, and very good bass player. These 3 guys lit up the night with incredible fast paced sound mixed with sensitive and wonderful slow selections. As with just a few other artists in live concert, you simply cannot believe what you are hearing and what they are doing on stage! A huge crowd that was "with him" all the way.....how could you not be? !!
We were able to meet him afterwards for a few minutes....he could not have been more gracious, warm and sensitive toward my grand daughter. She was......we all were....thrilled!
Do plan to see him if he's in your area......wonderful night!
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN