The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Default Yorkville AM100 opinions

Local pawn shop has what looks like a brand new Yorkville Acousticmaster 100, or am 100. I can get it for $90.00 out the door.

Right now, I either run direct using a Baggs Para Di, and/or run stereo with an older Crate Taxi 30 and another Crate, a borrowed little green 30 Watt job.

For my simple needs at the moment, this set up is acceptable. Not the best, but at least I can dial in decent sound. However, it would nice having a dedicated (other than the Crate) acoustic amp, plugged in, set up and ready to roll.

I believe the deal is good enough I could flip it fairly easy if needed. But hope to hear it's a good amp! I would appreciate thoughts and opinions from those who own, have owned or played on one of these. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2018, 03:19 PM

Yorkville is Canada's working person's gear manufacturer. Their high end PA stuff is super solid, and I've come within millimeters of buying a few of their electric amps (and likely will in the future, once amps become part of whatever scene I find myself in).

At 90 bucks, for a decent shape amp, I wouldn't hesitate. Please report back!
Old 04-04-2018, 10:08 AM

I just bought a yorkville nx10c. seems to be
excellent quality. Sounds real good and works for what
i need it for.
Most online dealers are strictly middle men.
If you order from them no doubt it will be shipped
from yorkvilles eastern us warehouse in Ny state niagra falls
So might as well order direct from yorkville.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:33 AM

I used to have one of these. From what I remember, it had a lot of low-end which I liked. I believe I used to use the amp with the bass at 0 and it was still plently beefy. The effects were mostly usable. I had an issue with the front panel coming loose and causing my guitar to cut in and out, had to have the fixed by a local repair man. Overall, I was happy with the amp.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 04-04-2018, 12:28 PM

Grab yourself an Ultrasound 50 watter...I have owned the Yorkville and the Ultrasound is WAY better for vocals and guitar
Old 04-04-2018, 07:17 PM

Thank you all for the reply's. I'll heard over in the morning and nab it. As far as the Ultrasound, if I really needed a great acoustic amp and could actually afford a great one, Ultrasound would be on the top of my list.

The fact I can get this cheap and actually put $20 down and pay the balance in a week or so, makes the Yorkville the only acoustic amp in my sights right now. Yes, I can get by without it, but the opportunity to get an amp that will do the job for the price I can (almost!) afford makes it a no brainer. At least that's my story!

Ye indeed, I'll be glad to report my thoughts after I get it and put it through the paces.

While I've played guitar for 50 plus years, made my living for many moons playing in various bands and gone through more guitars and amps than I can count, I've only played acoustic guitar in a live setting a handful of times. So I'm pretty much a novice in that respect.

While I've used a small PA system for my dedicated acoustic amp a few times, this will be the first time for a dedicated acoustic amp.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification