The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-01-2017, 08:17 AM

Default Anyuone try a JJB Prestige 330 with a Baggs PADI?

My new to me Martin D-28 has a JJB Prestige 330 pickup. I know it has less output than the active Baggs Anthem that I have in my J-45. I have an LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI that I used to use. Has anyone tried that with a JJB Prestige 330? I have to have a direct box anyway to go into the PA at church.
I'm planning to use this guitar at church tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes!
Thanks!

Gibson J-45, LR Baggs Anthem SL
Martin D-28, JJB Prestige 330
Seagull S-6
Gibson L-50
Old 04-01-2017, 05:56 PM

Yup. I used this combo until I chose to add a K&K Silver Bullet microphone internally. I wired directly into the end pin jack of the JJB 330 which comes ready to be wired for stereo if you so choose. Then I got a DTAR Solstice and Equinox to blend and EQ the sound. Sold the LR Baggs Para DI. I was able to get a good sound and adjust to minimize feedback issues with the Para DI and JJB 330 combo. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.
Jeff.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification