The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-20-2016, 01:22 AM

Hey Rofus,
I PM'd you at the Gearslutz forum, I need an advise on Aura, could you please PM me when you have a minute?
Old 10-05-2023, 01:00 PM

Has anyone figured this out yet?
Old 10-05-2023, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSucho View Post
Has anyone figured this out yet?
Figured out what?

If you are intent on buying an Aura equipped Martin in 2023, I’d inquire to Martin support to find out what the current deal is. If it turns out that you can’t access Fishman’s Sound Image library, then you may be better served just buying a Matrix-equipped or Prefix-equipped guitar and using it with the Aura Spectrum DI to experiment and find the most pleasing sound image for your guitar. Sometimes the results will be surprising.

I once owned a little 00 sized Cort guitar with a “barn door” style onboard Aura system. My best results, by far, were when I turned the onboard sound images off and fed the dry UST signal to a Spectrum DI. One of the Spectrum’s OM sound images sounded fabulous with that little guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification