The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-08-2002, 10:46 PM

Question Line 6 opinions?

Hello, I just purchased a 615ce Taylor, and I am looking for a good amp to purchase now! I don't want to buy any junk amp for a the best guitar out there! That would be like buying a $2500 stereo system for you car and installing el cheapo speakers from K-mart! So I need your advice on the Line 6 amps! I was told by the music store that they are the best! You tell me! Thanks, and an extra thanks to J.R. for running this site! I love it! Shawnsda
Old 01-09-2002, 06:53 AM
More guitars than talent

Line 6 amps are best with electric guitars. They are a modeling amp which mimics famous amps and has a number of effects also. If anyone is looking at Line 6 I would recommend anything but the Spider. I use a Line 6 POD with both my acoustic and electrics at church every week. A lot easier than lugging around an amp. Just plug it straight into the PA. It has 1 or 2 settings that are compatible with the A/E guitar. A ton of settings which sound great with the electric guitar.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:02 AM

Give us some more information as to how much you would like to spend and I am sure you will get many different replys as to what is the best.

I play through a Peavey Ecoustic 112 at church and it sounds great. They are very affordable as well. I has a Trace Elliot at one time and didn't like it. Some people say they are the best.

Finding a amp you like is what is important. Just like buying a guitar, do your research to find out what models meet your needs and then go try them out for yourself.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:49 PM
.tom the übergeek

If anyone tells you any amp is "THE BEST".... THEY ARE LYING!!!!!

If they tell you they rank among the best or are very, very good. they MIGHT be telling the truth.

In the case of the Line6 stuff.....they were really lying. The POD is a cool idea but nothing they make (or any other modeling amp) sounds like a good tube amp....no matter what anyone says.

If you want to play your acoustic through it, there are several choices. The Peavey eCoustic is very nice. The SWR Blondes are both good. The Yorkville AM-100 and AM-50 are nice. The Rivera is THE BEST!!! Hehe. Actually they are very expensive and sound very good.

Good Luck
Old 01-09-2002, 04:04 PM

Thanks alot, that really helps. I wasn't sure of some people at these music stores. They really only want to make a sale and half the time you can tell they are lying through their teeth. I knew if I asked everyone here I would get alot of honest answers! Thank you, I will check some of those out and do some research and then try to convince my wife into letting me buy one! Sometimes that is a hard task itself! LOL!!! Thanks again! This forum is the greatest! Shawnsda

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification