The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Default A.S.I.A Symposium June 8~12 East Stroudsburg University (Eastern Pa)

East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania June 8~12

IF you build or repair or you want to you gotta attend! Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans gather Teachers, speakers, builders, suppliers..... for a blur of classes of your choice. The people you meet will change your life for the better. If you are curious or a known builder you should attend if at all possible.
This event is planned every 2 years. I had not even started my first build when I attended 2009. I was so pumped when I came home. And I had a whole new world of resources. This time I will have money in my pocket. Oh' the wood, inlay materials...... so reasonably priced. I bet I got $150 worth of Abalone I hand picked for as I recall $40
A bunch of you are mumbling about maybe a build school. You will find your teacher or your direction at the Symposium. Many teachers attend. Steel string to Archtop. Oh' I would love to attend Dale Ungers Archtop class (s)
Here is my post from 2009.
I served as one of the Official Photographers, there is a Photobucket link with 300 or so photographs from the event within the post.
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=183048

Here is a link to information on this summers Symposium and to join ASIA and receive Guitarmaker Magazine.

http://asiartisans.org/content/

If you have questions. Feel free to PM/email me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair