The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-05-2002, 10:45 PM

Default New Tube Preamp...anyone tried one?

This is a Tube preamp by a company called PreSonus called an Acousti-Q. Never seen one before, but looks interesting. I'll try to post a picture of the ad in Worship Leader magazine.

Since it's Tube, I'd love to try one, Any ideas of the cost? Ever heard of the company?

Old 01-06-2002, 01:44 PM
.tom the übergeek

Good company. Good sounding stuff (mostly recording). I am intrigued by this. I have the new Worship Leader but have not even cracked the plastic yet....been so crazy busy. I am going in...hehe.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:57 PM
.tom the übergeek

I have been daydreaming. I think this preamp + the peavey classic 50/50 stereo tube poweramp (50+50 or 100w mono @ 2,4,or 8 ohms) would be very cool. just wondering what kind of cab to put with it. I am thinking something that I could play my acoustic bass (AB-3) or my guitar (810) through. Hmmmmmmmmm. I will get back to you. Now I have MAJOR GAS. I have been looking for a reason to get one of the Classic 50/50s for a long time.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:40 PM

Found them on Musician's Friend for about $225. I think I'll wait though to see if anyone has tried one.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:11 AM

Hey, it's kind of neat that it takes a TRS input. If you had a stereo pickup system like a Blender or Dual Source you could use a regular TRS cable to hook it up. No more Y cable to mess with.

Ken

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification