The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-15-2009, 05:50 PM

Default Guitar Wireless System recommendations?

Greetings all. I'm in the market for a good quality wireless system to use with my electric and acoustic (Taylor, of course ) guitars. There are many to choose from and I was hoping someone could make a strong recommendation. I'll be primarily using it at church, which already has several wireless mics in use. My preference would be to set the transmitter near my pedal board as I mic my amp. Its a good sized church with AV, lots of lighting, etc. I've included a pic in case it helps. We set up on the platform or to the left of the platform near the piano. Thank you in advance....vbf

Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 PM

Check out Samson - cool Guitar Bug style transmitter, not a pack, and the really cool part is the receiver - body of an fx pedal, not rack. Have to verify that the somewhat limited frequencies do not conflict with your existing ones.

Good luck, Mike
Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 PM

Line 6 has recently purchased X2 wireless. It is a wireless system designed for guitar players. It is also digital so there is no loss of frequency. There are two guitar models available that set next to your pedals for easy connections.

Joel Stehr 8 String - Figured Myrtle / German Spruce
Kammerer 8-NNG - Maple
Chrisman guitar 1934
2-Russian made classical - Rosewood/Spruce
Mervyn Davis Smoothtalker - Cedar/Kiaat
Kinnaird Student Build SJ Sitka Spruce / Black Wanunt
Old 01-16-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman48 View Post
Line 6 has recently purchased X2 wireless. It is a wireless system designed for guitar players. It is also digital so there is no loss of frequency. There are two guitar models available that set next to your pedals for easy connections.
I saw the price went down as well... Good news, and I'll bet those units are doing well among players.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:34 AM

Thanks to all....I'll check em' out.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:03 AM

Default I have been using....

.....a Samson UR1 uhf wirelss system for about 20 years. It has NEVER failed, has a long range, and I found a rack mount kit for it so it now sits in my rack (the reciever is light and when left on top of an amp has a tendecy to move around / fall off.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification