The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-26-2013, 07:21 AM

Default A bit of a fun one: odd playing moves or positions

So I think this is the proper place for this sort of discussion. And the topic is not meant to be a right or wrong thing.

But more of what have you observed both in yourself and in other players that they do that seems a bit quirky or odd? A couple of examples....

often when I playing standing(or at least I did in a band situtation) I would find myself kind of bracing one leg with the other at the knee by forming a triangle with one the other leg..the knee being the apex with my foot on my opposite knee. And I have seen this time and time and time again in acoustic players. Its a odd little quirk that I have seen pop up a lot.

And the other one is many many times(again I know I do this at times as well) when playing a reggae/ska type groove you will start marking time marching...Sting does it, Collin Hay from Men at Work, tons of reggae guitarists...

Again none of this is WRONG just more of discussion on idiosyncrasies that we seem to develop thru either collective conciousness or what have you

Its Friday and I am bored at work and they would look at me wierd if I pulled out my guitar and started jamming...although I have come to work dressed for music so to speak(I do a pirate like character at faire and such hahaha). I think at this point they would not really be surprised if I pulled out a guitar and started playing. They have seen it sitting in my cube often enough when I wasn't going to leave it sitting in the car
Old 07-26-2013, 08:05 AM

Odd?

Why! there's nothing odd about me.

Nothing at all.

Well, except for ...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write