The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-27-2013, 08:03 AM

Default Journey Overhead, Shorty, and Blackbird 13

I just saw a post about the Journey Overhead as a decent alternative travel guitar. I was just wondering whether it stacks up at all with the Shorty and the Blackbird 13.

I am interested in a Carbon guitar because of all the places I travel...from Vermont to Ft. Lauderdale in any given week. I've sold that problem (not really) with a Aria Sinsonido...but it really is a poor substitute.

Is the Overhead something to consider?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riptonVT View Post
I just saw a post about the Journey Overhead as a decent alternative travel guitar. I was just wondering whether it stacks up at all with the Shorty and the Blackbird 13.

I am interested in a Carbon guitar because of all the places I travel...from Vermont to Ft. Lauderdale in any given week. I've sold that problem (not really) with a Aria Sinsonido...but it really is a poor substitute.

Is the Overhead something to consider?
FYI Journey Instruments hasn't sent any carbon fiber guitars to any dealers yet, are you asking about their wooden models?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:07 AM

I had a Yamaha Silent guitar, but like you, it just did not fill the gap.

I travel across the country frequently with my Shorty. Although it does not fit in an overhead, gate checking has been a non-issue. I love he fact that I can travel with a guitar that sounds fantastic, without any worries of temp and humidity changes.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 06-28-2013, 07:30 AM

I was talking about the Carbon Fiber model.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:33 AM

Itself:

Do you use a gig bag or a hsc? Do they give you difficulty gate checking the Guitar?

Like I said, I travel up and down the East Coast on the standard regional carriers.

I'm really close to deciding on the Shorty but have not found one to play. I've played a Parlor, which I liked but want more guitar.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riptonVT View Post
Itself:

Do you use a gig bag or a hsc? Do they give you difficulty gate checking the Guitar?

Like I said, I travel up and down the East Coast on the standard regional carriers.

I'm really close to deciding on the Shorty but have not found one to play. I've played a Parlor, which I liked but want more guitar.
I use the hsc when I fly. NEVER had an issue gate checking. Reunion Blues is supposed to be releasing a new gig bag that might work. Mono gig bags has one but I have to do some measuring to see if it will work.

I guarantee the Shorty will blow you away!

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber