The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 10-19-2021, 08:24 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Mosrite seranade neck joint question.

I have a Mosrite Serenader, serial number F0166, that needs a neck reset. I removed the two screws that ran through the neck block and into the heel, and the neck still seems solid and non moving. Does anyone know if this is dovetail neck joint, and if so, whether it is accessible by removeing the 15th fret?. I would like to gain any information possible before I get into this thing.

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg
Old 10-19-2021, 10:14 AM

This ad suggests yours might have a glued-in neck (and/or fretboard extension). The bolts might have been used only to stabilize the neck while the glue dried - that's what the Japanese did with my Conn (that was sold to me as a bolt-on neck!).

The question to be answered is, what joint was used? It might be safe to assume a standard dovetail, but the 60s/70s were a weird time for neck joints, at least in the Japanese part of the guitar world (my Conn has a vertical sliding dovetail joint).

Good luck - sounds like a fun project.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:55 PM

I think you'll need to heat the fretboard to release it from the top. Maybe then it will lift out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair