The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-18-2021, 08:05 PM
Charter Member

Got an XS 12 string set! I love these new strings on almost all of my guitars.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:24 PM

Cool

Thanks for the motivation. I have been stuffing the old plastic wrappers from string changes in a zip lock baggie for a while, but always forget to go sign up. I had 22 string wrappers worth of points after I entered then all tonight.

I have some XS strings coming and still have 2201 points left. Now I am motivated to clean up my desk and find more old string wrappers, lol.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:59 PM
Charter Member

Daddario will also give you points for recycling your old strings with them; they will send you a free shipping label, but the catch is that you need to save up two pounds of old strings to send in. For me that was at least a couple of years worth, probably more. But worth it all around, especially as I haven’t been able to find anywhere else that will take them.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:17 PM

Thank you! Picked up a set of XS for the 12 string.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:57 AM
Charter Member

Sweet thanks for the info.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

I gotta try a set of XS...was amazed (as I haven't bought coated strings for a while) that the XS and Elixir Nanowebs are $18/set? I sure hope they last a LONG time?

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 10-19-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
I gotta try a set of XS...was amazed (as I haven't bought coated strings for a while) that the XS and Elixir Nanowebs are $18/set? I sure hope they last a LONG time?
This is a good way to find out eh?
Gibson J200
Furch MC Yellow Gc-CR SPA
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD
Old 10-19-2021, 09:13 AM

A few months ago I realized I had a whole bunch of points and ordered one of their Chris Thile branded picks. Really nice large triangle style that I probably would not have spent actual money on, but I use it all the time now.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
In my experience, they're very slippery and last a long time. I've had a set on my Ibanez since March. They're still like new and stay in tune well. They sound fantastic.
Thanks for the heads up! I've had a set of Elixir lights on my Eastman for a few weeks, and quite like them. I've been toying with putting lights on my Larrivee, so I may put the XS on there just to see!
Old 10-19-2021, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi2 View Post
Daddario will also give you points for recycling your old strings with them; they will send you a free shipping label, but the catch is that you need to save up two pounds of old strings to send in. For me that was at least a couple of years worth, probably more. But worth it all around, especially as I haven’t been able to find anywhere else that will take them.
My wife is currently irritated by the box full of old strings in the top of our closet. The 2 lbs minimum is a LOT of strings...but I'm almost there. I don't have as many guitars as I used to, and I don't change strings as much as I used to, so it's taken me about 4 years to get there!
Old 10-19-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenewt View Post
My wife is currently irritated by the box full of old strings in the top of our closet. The 2 lbs minimum is a LOT of strings...but I'm almost there. I don't have as many guitars as I used to, and I don't change strings as much as I used to, so it's taken me about 4 years to get there!
I also have a bag of old strings that doesn’t yet weigh 2 pounds. Getting close though.

I got my email notification today, and ordered a set of EJ37’s for my 12 string.

For those who may be trying to place an order soon: DO NOT copy and paste the code; type it out, all upper case letters, no spaces.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:03 PM

Yeah, I got an email about it today so I ordered a set of Pro Arte EJ46FF carbon classicals. I've wanted to try them for a while so this was a nice opportunity. I think normally they are about 1800 points (or ~$14 from SBM) and I've only accumulated about 1100.

Martin OM-28 Authentic 1931
Taylor Cocobolo GCce 2008 Fall Limited Edition
Paragon Cocobolo/cedar GOM
Cervantes Signature Rodriguez
Eastman Cabaret JB
Tacoma JM1612C
Old 10-19-2021, 11:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well good for you (and your wife) for hanging in there! Someone once told me Guitar Center would take old strings but when I asked at my local one they said no. So I’m ready to send in my first two pounds to D’addario and start my next collection. I’m really loving the XS strings, so the points are a nice bonus.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I just sent my 2.3 lbs of strings off last week. It took me a couple of years to collect that much.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

I got my 999 strings today;

These are the newest coated strings from D'Addario. They'll go on my Martin GP-28e. I use D'addario phos/bronze on most guitars and this one seems to like it's strings changed sooner than the others, so I'll try these and see how it goes.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion