The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 07-01-2021, 11:08 AM

Default Stomberg re done

Hello archtop friends have a look @ AJL Guitars, this Finnish guy make`s an outstanding Stromberg archtop.Opinions if you wish to add.....
Old 07-01-2021, 11:55 AM

Sweet, and I'm glad the Strombergs have been rediscovered - BTW Jim Triggs makes a really nice 19" Master 400-style instrument, John Rumley has been making his "Strumberg" tributes (in varying degrees of ornamentation) for the last decade or so, and I believe Greg German has done a couple on custom order. BTW I understand from a fellow AGF'er that Theo Scharpach (of Vienna Apex fame) has acquired the rights from the Stromberg estate, and will be involved in the production of a new (European) Stromberg line:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=587501
Old 07-01-2021, 12:08 PM

Default Stromberg

Steve: app 9,000.00 US, no bad compared to a Scharpach….Also you mention Triggs, he does a nice Stromberg Style....
Old 07-01-2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakman View Post
Steve: app. 9,000.00 US, not bad compared to a Scharpach….
Agreed, but it's my understanding that Theo Scharpach will be serving in an instructional/advisory capacity much like Bob Benedetto (Guild), John Monteleone (Kentucky), or Jimmy D'Aquisto (Hagstrom/Fender), rather than as a hands-on builder like Jim Triggs at Gibson; I'm sure he's well aware of the competition, and in the grand scheme I suspect they'll be priced similarly to the Triggs and AJL Master 400 models...

I'm just thinking how I could have bought a Boston original for $900 at Eddie Bell, back in the mid-70's...
Old 07-02-2021, 06:54 AM

Default $900.00

Hard to believe how vintage guitars have taken a tremendous climb in price,that Stromberg today is at least 35-40K am I correct Steve?
Old 07-02-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakman View Post
Hard to believe how vintage guitars have taken a tremendous climb in price, that Stromberg today is at least 35-40K am I correct Steve?
There's a sweet-looking non-cut blonde one for $39K at Lark Street Music in Teaneck (NJ), and it's been there a few years TMK...
Old 07-06-2021, 09:31 AM

Default Stromberg

Bought my 38 L5 from Buzzy 2 years ago...did not budge much on cost..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops