The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 10-13-2021, 07:50 PM

Great! Thanks. This definitely gives me some direction - I appreciate your input!!
Old 10-13-2021, 08:24 PM

I'd say the next step is as John Arnold suggested, make sure that the nut slots are cut on a back angle so the the exit point of the string is at the face of the nut. Otherwise your string is too long and can lead to intonation problems.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:40 PM

Trevor points out that any compensation at the nut is probably better than none. Half a saw kerf might be the 'right' compensation for one of the strings, and will, at least, get the others a bit closer, but there's no substitute for getting it right. I used to get compliments on my intonation from some pretty savvy customers before I did nut compensation, but it's even better now. And wait until you hear how well it can work on a 12-string!
Old 10-15-2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braintree56 View Post
Great! Thanks. This definitely gives me some direction - I appreciate your input!!
One does not adjust the Rod to alter the Action=Wrong approach completely.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair