The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Nick…

That sounds a bit too rational for this obsessive a group! And I agree with your premise…

I came to that conclusion because those scenarios were presented to me, Larry...

My 655ce is from '02, thus it has the Fishman Stereo Blender. Love the guitar, though, and bought it NOS in '08 (for a HUGE discount) right after my Son was born. Great guitar which also has sentimental value to me. I've "band-aided" the Fishman with different things, but am still not happy with it. There are a number of replacements which will retrofit, even if I want to put in the latest ES.

My '05 614ce is as-is, other than upgrading to the latest ES. My '00 514ce had just a Matrix UST (I ordered it without the barn door), so it stays clean. Ordered my NS65ce without the "e" from Jim and am still determining what to put in it, but certainly neither it nor my 514ce will get a barn door.

Nick
Old 12-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntotoro View Post
...certainly neither it nor my 514ce will get a barn door.

Nick
Hey Nick…

All my guitars are outfitted with K&K dual source passive rigs, and that is my preference too…it was amazing to me the Phil Keaggy elected to have the Baggs Duet installed in his latest Olson, but it's a working guitar and it's what he's worked with for a decade - so why not?

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 12-20-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hey Nick…

All my guitars are outfitted with K&K dual source passive rigs, and that is my preference too…it was amazing to me the Phil Keaggy elected to have the Baggs Duet installed in his latest Olson, but it's a working guitar and it's what he's worked with for a decade - so why not?

And he might only use that one LIVE.
btw I agree with "And I agree with your premise…"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification