The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-30-2023, 07:14 PM
dgaemc2 dgaemc2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 691
Default NGD - Emerald X10 Slimline

I went with the subtle look on this one. It almost looks black in normal lighting.

It feels great to play the pickups sound fantastic thru my Fishman Mini. It sounds surprisingly good acoustically. Better than I expected actually.



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-2023, 08:45 PM
Captain Jim Captain Jim is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tropical Tip of Texas
Posts: 6,786
Default

Congrats! I really enjoy the variety of plugged in tones I can get with my X10 (not a slimline, though). The Fishman Mini has a nice warm acoustic sound - have you had the opportunity to crank it with that Krivo humbucking pickup through an electric amp? Fun times ahead!
__________________
Some CF, some wood.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-2023, 05:25 AM
dgaemc2 dgaemc2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 691
Default

Thanks Captain Jim!

I haven't tried the Krivo PU thru an electric amp yet but will this weekend.

I am getting a really sweet tone by blending pickups thru the Fishman Mini! Selecting the individual pickups sound great through the mini as well.

This is an awesome guitar!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2023, 10:09 AM
David Eastwood's Avatar
David Eastwood David Eastwood is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,029
Default

Very tasty. I much prefer plain CF to veneer
__________________
1963 Martin 0-16NY
2021 Emerald Amicus
<watch this space>

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2023, 10:16 AM
dgaemc2 dgaemc2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Very tasty. I much prefer plain CF to veneer
Thanks David!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2023, 04:43 PM
dgaemc2 dgaemc2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 691
Default

I can now confirm that the X10 Slimline with Krivo sounds great through an electric amp too!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-05-2023, 05:57 PM
David Eastwood's Avatar
David Eastwood David Eastwood is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaemc2 View Post
I can now confirm that the X10 Slimline with Krivo sounds great through an electric amp too!!
Thatís good to hear. Iíve been seriously contemplating purchasing a Krivo to use on my X20 and my Amicus for those rare occasions when I need to plug in.

HmmÖ
__________________
1963 Martin 0-16NY
2021 Emerald Amicus
<watch this space>

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-06-2023, 02:19 PM
dgaemc2 dgaemc2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Thatís good to hear. Iíve been seriously contemplating purchasing a Krivo to use on my X20 and my Amicus for those rare occasions when I need to plug in.

HmmÖ
Curious to know how that would work? Wouldn't the Krivo need to be permanently mounted!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-06-2023, 02:28 PM
David Eastwood's Avatar
David Eastwood David Eastwood is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaemc2 View Post
Curious to know how that would work? Wouldn't the Krivo need to be permanently mounted!
No - not if you use this version:

https://www.krivopickups.com/store/p...zz_Guitar.html

It mounts using putty, so is easy to take off and move to another instrument.

My X20, being an older model, has a squared off fretboard, rather than the current curved version, so the Krivo would work well on both it and the Amicus.

There's the cable to deal with, of course, but as I don't play out, it wouldn't be an issue for me.
__________________
1963 Martin 0-16NY
2021 Emerald Amicus
<watch this space>

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-06-2023, 04:16 PM
dgaemc2 dgaemc2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
No - not if you use this version:

https://www.krivopickups.com/store/p...zz_Guitar.html

It mounts using putty, so is easy to take off and move to another instrument.

My X20, being an older model, has a squared off fretboard, rather than the current curved version, so the Krivo would work well on both it and the Amicus.

There's the cable to deal with, of course, but as I don't play out, it wouldn't be an issue for me.
Cool! Give it a shot.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-06-2023, 04:30 PM
David Eastwood's Avatar
David Eastwood David Eastwood is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaemc2 View Post
Cool! Give it a shot.
Still pondering it. There are a couple of other things competing for the funds at the moment
__________________
1963 Martin 0-16NY
2021 Emerald Amicus
<watch this space>

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-07-2023, 09:25 AM
dgaemc2 dgaemc2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Still pondering it. There are a couple of other things competing for the funds at the moment
Understood. It does sound nice into an electric amp, but I normally play it through my Fishman Mini or other acoustic amp because it excels at that...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-07-2023, 05:46 PM
jdinco jdinco is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaemc2 View Post

Does it have a sound port on the lower portion too? At first I thought it had been crushed, I must be seeing the inside ?? The green is beautiful though, pretty much like most Emeralds.
__________________
John
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-07-2023, 06:33 PM
steelvibe steelvibe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: my father's attic
Posts: 5,419
Default

Congrats! Nice guitar! The green carbon just screams EMERALD.
__________________
"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we should play guitar." -Anon
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-07-2023, 08:57 PM
Captain Jim Captain Jim is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tropical Tip of Texas
Posts: 6,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Does it have a sound port on the lower portion too? At first I thought it had been crushed, I must be seeing the inside ?? The green is beautiful though, pretty much like most Emeralds.
Maybe you're seeing a light reflection? If you get one of their double-necks (Chimera), you get two soundholes. The rest come with that well-executed one on the upper bout.
__________________
Some CF, some wood.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=