The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-31-2002, 07:54 PM

Default Pickup quest

I know a few of you have used the B_Band stuff. I'm looking for a pickup to put in my Santa Cruz Pre-War D. The AST/UST looks pretty cool and it's not that expensive. I'll be playing through a Mackie PA system. I like the crispness of an undersadle but would also like to try the natural tones of a soundboard transducer.

Any thoughts? I've used the Baggs Ribbon Transducer and liked it but have heard good things about the B-Band.

I recently tried a Schertler Blue Stick in the new Gibson models and didn't think it sounded all that great but perhaps it needs an EQ or DI.

The Ibeam is interesting but I'm worried about feedback in live situations.

I tried the K&K Pure but had feedback issues with that and thought it sounded boomy and thuddy.

Thanks for any help.
Dave
Old 12-31-2002, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

Dave, I recently installed a B-band A-6 system in a Larrivee D-03R. It is an ast/ust blender system with onboard controls that allow a lot of sound manipulation. I find it very versatile and natural sounding. You have to cut a hole in the guitar for the pre-amp though and that might not appeal to you. If you go to the Larrivee site they have the system on their site.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification