The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-01-2003, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stratokatsu
There's nothing in the Trace section of the Gubson website about the "cube", nor anything I think resembles what you mean. Is it a discontinued model?

Someone from UltraSound contacted me and I'm going to call them tomorrow to see what they have.
I can't believe nobody else has seen them. I think they were an older model. We have lots of used music gear stores in the SF bay area, check where you live or try e-bay. I know that they made a small square amp, I mean a perfect square or cube. That may not be the name of the amp but it is the shape. They are out there.

714ce LTD/SPEC
810 -SOLD-
1991 Takamine EN-10 (AN)
Mid-Mo M2 mandolin
1989 Valley Arts Strat
1988 Fender American Tele
Old 01-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Yesterday, I spoke to the National Sales Manager for UltraSound. There's a store in Ft. Lauderdale, about an hour north of me, who sells them and according to the sales manager, they should have some inventory of the model I'm looking at. I'm taking off until Monday, so tomorrow morning I'll hit the road.

I checked out the Trace Cube in MF, but nobody there can tell me exactly what the blemish is. For the ake of the bigger speaker and tweeter, I think I'll look at the UltraSound first.

As for the Ibanez, I haven't been able to se or hear one. Guitar Center here sells Ibanez, but not enough of the Troubadour amps to make it worthwhile carrying them. I'd have to order it from Musician's Friend and return it if I didn't like it.

Old 01-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

I bought the UltraSound 30 instead of the 30P. The model 30 has the line outs which will come in handy. So far so good!

Old 01-02-2003, 08:00 PM
Charter Member

I want to thank all of you for your suggestions. Having spent the day with the UltraSound 30, I'm really happy with it and the small footprint is perfect for my move to save space in this little music room. The volume isn't huge, but that's the last of my concerns. The tone is wonderful, the controls are simple and it's so easy to dial in a good tone.

I had never heard of UltraSound before you folks told me about it, so... Thanks again...

Old 01-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stratokatsu
I bought the UltraSound 30 instead of the 30P. The model 30 has the line outs which will come in handy. So far so good!
Good choice.... I chose the 30 instead of the 30P as well!
Aren't they great?!!! Congrats on your purchase.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification