The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Default Help with Pedals

Ok, so I'm starting to play small gigs, and my band is picking up a tad playing in Fraternity houses and whatnot. My question is, where so I go with electronics now. I don't use any pedals, but I'd like to start using loops and different effects with my acoustics and electrics. Should I get an amp that has that built in and I can control with a footboard or get an amp, then use rackmount gear for effects/tuning/loops? Thanks

Taylor GA8
Taylor 354ce-LTD
Old 01-01-2003, 06:48 PM

I've always found floor based multi-effects processors the easist and most flexible to use.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:44 PM
.tom the übergeek

I have the extreme different opinion from Mark. I HATE those all in one floor based pedals. If you play with a live band a lot and you have a guitar delay going and the drummer gets silly and plays too fast, you are done unless you have something that has live controls for everything.

I use a POD with the floorboard and that will set you back about $500 with no way to hear it on stage. I really like it because I can get tones like I am totally cranked and talk over it if needed. I run to the PA and also to a powered cab that I use on stage for my monitor. Works like a champ.

If you want to do loops, AND want an amp, get a good amp and get a nice delay like the Line6 Delay box or Boss DD-5 that have tap tempo ability. Get ready to spend some cash though as I have a Fender Vibrolux ($1100) and a pedal board full ($700).
Old 01-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Charter Member

Thanks guys, I went to Lin6's website and looked at some stuff, but I have a question. I like their floorboard and whatnot, but what all do you I need to get for delay? Why can I not hear it on stage? Can't I just plug my guitar into that then into my amp then through the PA?

Thanks

Taylor GA8
Taylor 354ce-LTD
Old 01-02-2003, 08:32 AM

I'm with TR on this one.. I hate the all-in-one processors. I prefer the individual pedals, and as little effects as possible.

2001 710ce
1996 USA Standard Telecaster
1991 Alvarez Midnight Special
1992 Squire Strat
1966 Fender Mustang

"You must cut down the largest tree in the forest with... A HERRING!!!"
Old 01-02-2003, 12:52 PM

do any of you use a loop sampler like the boss rc20 or the line 6 dl4??

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification