The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-17-2005, 01:46 PM

Excellent responses and advice - thanks everyone! As I mentioned in my first post, he's looking for a bass amp for rehearsals & coffee house gigs (50 - 75 people, acoustic guitars through house PA); he already has a massive Mesa Boogie for larger venues. So, with that in mind, I think the Rumble would be adequate, but I think the BX1200 (or many of the other suggestions) would be a better choice given its greater power & versatility. Again, the GC-dude said the Behringer has reliability issues. I think he was telling fantasy tales to push the Fender. Has anyone heard anything to support or shoot down that claim?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmindless
Excellent responses and advice - thanks everyone! As I mentioned in my first post, he's looking for a bass amp for rehearsals & coffee house gigs (50 - 75 people, acoustic guitars through house PA); he already has a massive Mesa Boogie for larger venues. So, with that in mind, I think the Rumble would be adequate, but I think the BX1200 (or many of the other suggestions) would be a better choice given its greater power & versatility. Again, the GC-dude said the Behringer has reliability issues. I think he was telling fantasy tales to push the Fender. Has anyone heard anything to support or shoot down that claim?
Are you interested in a used amp?
If so, I've got a SWR Workingmans 12 amp for sale for $200 + ship.
Probably a few "steps up" in terms of quality. These sell for over $400 new.
Let me know and I'll give all the details and photos.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor007
Are you interested in a used amp?
If so, I've got a SWR Workingmans 12 amp for sale for $200 + ship.
Probably a few "steps up" in terms of quality. These sell for over $400 new.
Let me know and I'll give all the details and photos.
Well 007, that sounds like a nice offer, but sad-to-say, my dear wife decided to go for the Fender. Maybe I can convince her of the error of her ways after Christmas (since GC has a liberal return policy). Any issues with your amp?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmindless
Well 007, that sounds like a nice offer, but sad-to-say, my dear wife decided to go for the Fender. Maybe I can convince her of the error of her ways after Christmas (since GC has a liberal return policy). Any issues with your amp?
No issues. Let me know if you'd like photos. I can post them here or email them to you .
Old 12-22-2005, 03:10 AM

Taylor007,

Some pics would be cool: ib at mindless dot com
Old 12-26-2005, 02:56 PM

Hi all,

I've been looking for a small bass amp myself, so I've been keeping an eye on this thread. I certainly don't want to intrude on a deal in the making, but Taylor007, if ibmindless decides not to take you up on the offer on the SWR Workingman's 12, I might be interested in getting some additional info on it. Please let me know. Thanks!

Happy holidays to all!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification