The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-13-2023, 09:08 AM

Not sure why you are deadset on an amp instead of a little portable speaker like the JBL Compact or Everse 8, but if I HAD to go with an amp, the Boss Acoustic Singer would be my choice.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
My Bose L1c and S1 Pro are both great for vocals with my EAE Gigmix in front. Clean and full with plenty of bottom end without being boomy. I also have all of the Loudbox series amps and they do a really good job of handling venues and sound really good, but you are sacrificing a bit of vocal clarity to get a solid, bulletproof system. My experience is with every system you're giving up one thing to gain another, you just gotta decide what you're willing to give up to get what you want. Another bonus of the Loudbox amps is they sound great lined out into a PA system. The venues I play that have a dedicated PA, I'll set up my Loudbox Artist or Performer, DI out to the PA and control my mix from the stage with the Loudbox. Just set the PA flat and get the overall level good and there's no need for someone to ride the board.
I agree with rokdog that the Fishman Artist does a good job for guitar and vocals.

But what Mick said here, My experience is with every system you're giving up one thing to gain another, is IMO really true.
I use both Artist and and the Bose S1 depending on where I'm playing and they both do a good job for guitar and vocal, with the S1 a bit better for vocals.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

Last edited by jricc; 01-13-2023 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2023, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

Can't say enough good things.

https://www.eliteacoustics.com/acoustic-amp-2/
Old 01-13-2023, 07:08 PM

Default DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY SING?

The best amp, IMO, is the Genzler Acoustic Array Pro. I’ve been through numerous amps and the Genzler tops them all. Can easily be used for small to medium sized venues. 200-300 people? No. I’d buy another if I found a deal on one. If you’re playing for 200+ people, you need an actual PA. Nothing else is going to do the job effectively.

Last edited by JWJ915; 01-14-2023 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:28 PM

Though my gigs are now mostly a small band of amps, I generally just go directly into PA with vocals and acoustic guitar. But I still get good use occasionally from my Schertler Unico. Almost a hybrid halfway between PA and guitar amp.
Old 01-14-2023, 07:40 AM

I use a Bose S1-Pro lined out into an L1-Compact all the time and get great vocals, and pretty darned good (clean) acoustic guitar sounds.

I don't like pedals or reverb, so none of that is an issue.

If you're up in the 300's for crowd size you need a real p.a. anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg

Last edited by Murphy Slaw; 01-17-2023 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-16-2023, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZYPIKINS View Post
Is there anyone out there who is used to singing on a real PA system, who has found an acceptable small amp. That they can get the vocal loud enough to be heard, without compromising the sound too much.
For solo gigs I swap between DeCapo (small amp) or EV30M (small PA) - depends what I feel like hauling. While the 30M has wider dispersion, I have no issues or complaints with either guitar or vocals through the DeCapo. This is at a tall ceiling room and I'm not playing particularly loud but it is sufficient for the venue and I don't struggle with feedback.

But if you're deaf from decades of loud guitars, might not be enough

“Sometimes science is more art than science…” - Rick Sanchez

Last edited by nostatic; 01-16-2023 at 11:51 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification