The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-11-2006, 11:29 AM

I also think you have to make a distinction between the regular Epis and the Elites. The standard Epis are--in my opinion anyway--pretty cheaply made and the prices seem pretty high for what they are. Most used to be made in Korea by Samick, but production has moved to China. The last I knew of the Elites, however, was that they were being produced in Japan using US electronics. They also seemed to use much better materials and higher production standards, if you could find one. If that hasn't changed, they seemed a better choice to me than some Gibsons (particularly the Faded series).

But, that said, if I were shopping for an LP-style guitar, I'd probably buy a Heritage or maybe a Hamer.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:00 PM

Thanks for all the input. Since I am fairly new to the electric world it has been quite a tutorial. I am probably leaning more toward the Gibson, but will play as many guitars as I can before deciding. Now if I can only get the wife to buy in.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars