The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-25-2024, 07:47 AM

got one coming tommorow and you all can be lucky enough to get the "worlds most okayest guitar player's" 4 cents worth..... try not to be to exited....

I'll be satisfied if the intonation and action are decent.... that remains to be seen/heard though...
DBZ Barchetta 13
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele
Bedell MBA 17 G
Old 04-25-2024, 08:55 AM

Default Electronics not working

I just received an X-3 pro mini. The electronics are not working. The guitar is fully charged but I cannot get the button to do anything at all. I tried the reset button. I am looking for any tips on how to get this working. This is really disappointing. Why ship a guitar without checking the electronics? If someone can help with troubleshooting, I am all ears. Trying to decide now between refund or exchange. Leaning towards refund and spending more for something with better quality control. Any suggestions?
Old 05-30-2024, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craybob View Post
I just received an X-3 pro mini. The electronics are not working. The guitar is fully charged but I cannot get the button to do anything at all. I tried the reset button. I am looking for any tips on how to get this working. This is really disappointing. Why ship a guitar without checking the electronics? If someone can help with troubleshooting, I am all ears. Trying to decide now between refund or exchange. Leaning towards refund and spending more for something with better quality control. Any suggestions?
I really like my X3 pro Mini ALOT.... but I'm not sure the button works all the time either. It seems to be inconsistent. Maybe there is a high failure rate with these things.... just guessing but here's some additional things to try....

• Fully charge it (i know you did but it's a good first step)
  • Try a different charging cable and charger
  • Try some electrical contact cleaner AND working the button.
  • Stick a mirror in the sound hole and look for loose/unconnected wires.
  • take the strings off and if your hand fits check connections inside especially battery connections (be careful, not sure what's in there and I understand CF can be a son of a gun with splinters and such!!)
  • Try resetting after the above steps and recharging also.
DBZ Barchetta 13
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele
Bedell MBA 17 G

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
enya, guitar