The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-13-2023, 10:24 AM

Default Baggs Lyric/Baggs LB6 Comparion & Blending Samples

This is a series of six direct recordings: 1)slow chords with LB6, 2)slow chords with Baggs Lyric, 3)slow chords with 50/50 blend of the two pickups, 4)aggressive strumming with LB6, 5)aggressive strumming with Lyric, 6) aggressive strumming with blend.

All samples were recorded directly to a Zoom H4. I used a Baggs PADI to preamp & EQ the passive LB6. I also used the PADI's phase button to insure the best phase relationship when blending the two pickups. I used a Zoom A1-4's seven band graphic EQ to EQ the Lyric signal to taste (using headphones into the recorder). The guitar is a Greg Bennett model Samick spruce/rosewood medium jumbo.

Today's conclusions: The particular EQ that I used on the Lyric sounds very good for strumming through my Fishman SoloAmp. I'd probably be inclined to use mostly the Lyric signal for strumming, with possibly a little LB6 added to thicken the sound. The LB6 signal is noticeably more compressed and I'd likely want to use more LB6 signal for bare-fingered picking in a noisy environment, or crazy loud settings in general.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:29 AM

posted in error

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification