The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-01-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
Cigars on the back porch!
Are you gonna join Dennis, Mr. Twoneck?
Old 07-02-2022, 11:38 AM

Just a quick announcement with a little change in the luthier lineup.

Due to an unexpected health issue, Benjamin Paldacci was not sure he could commit to having guitars done by Sept. so he kindly stepped down from his spot so I might have time to find someone who could still attend. I am pleased to announce that Paul Woolson is able to step in and take over for Benjamin. Paul is a great guy who jumped at the chance to come and join the B.I.G. family. He and I have worked together in the past with him doing me a very big and generous favor and I am glad to try and return some of that generosity to him. Besides, he is from Wisconsin, the state of my birth and the home to the greatest football team ever lol! Paul will be a great addition to the show and is known for his innovative style. He builds guitars under the name of Woolson Soundcraft!. Check him out. G

Getting really excited as we get closer and closer.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Charter Member

Wishing I didn't have to do this wedding gig more and more, Woolsons are played by Gareth Pearson I believe, real formidable player with the respect of giants like Tommy Emmanuel. Heard they're really exceptional.

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 07-05-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
Wishing I didn't have to do this wedding gig more and more, Woolsons are played by Gareth Pearson I believe, real formidable player with the respect of giants like Tommy Emmanuel. Heard they're really exceptional.
Weddings are over rated, come on down!!!

Just thought we would post the menu from the food truck that will be available on Friday. This is from a local restaurant here in town called Benjie's Munch. We have eaten there and the food is great and different. They even have a bunch of low carb options. They will be bringing Keto bread as an option for sandwiches as well, 1 carb per slice for anyone with a low carb lifestyle like Kathy and I. I can assure you everything, and I mean everything that we have tried, was great. It is a family run store and the owner is a super guy.

Get your taste buds ready and start making plans! We are getting close. We have room for about a dozen more guests if anyone would like to invite a fellow guitar lover, just let us know!

Tom and Kathy.

BIG Guitar Festival
New Braunfels, TX
Friday, Sept 2, 2022
11:30 am to 3 pm

MENU

Best Chicken Sandwich Ever $11.50
CRISPY CHICKEN BREAST, RED ONION JAM, ARUGULA, BRIOCHE BUN, JALAPENOS, CILANTRO RANCH with Lay’s chips

Sirloin Melt $12.95
HOUSE ROASTED SIRLOIN , MOZZ- PROVOLONE CHEESE, CILANTRO RANCH ON SOURDOUGH with Lay’s chips

Cuban Sandwich $12.95
PULLED PORK, SMOKED HAM, PICKLES, MOZZARELLA PROVOLONE, DIJON, CRUSTY GRIDDLED BREAD with Lay’s chips

Award Winning Bacon Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese $12.95
BACON SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP, MOZZARELLA, PROVOLONE, FRESH SPINACH, BUTTERY TOASTED SOURDOUGH with Lay’s chips

Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese (Vegetarian) $9.95
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP, MOZZARELLA, PROVOLONE, FRESH SPINACH, BUTTERY TOASTED SOURDOUGH with Lay’s chips

Sub Fries for Lays $3
Fries $4
Assorted Drinks $2
Old 07-06-2022, 04:32 PM

We had a long planned trip to Scotland which happened to be at the same time as BIG 2022. I do hope to have a micro BIG with Oska Burman in Glasgow though.

For those on the fence about coming to TX - it is a wonderful event and not to be missed.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:49 AM
Charter Member

I have successfully reserved at the correct (lower) rates at the hotel.
EXCITED ! ... to finally join and looking forward to seeing you AGF’ers !
Lonzo
Old 07-10-2022, 04:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Guitars for BIG

We thought we should place a preview of the Lame Horse guitars that will probably show up at BIG.

Our first collaboration with Calton cases. This features Texas mesquite burl and a "one in a thousand" Italian alpine spruce Abies project top from the Valle de Femme, where Stradivari choose all of his top wood. It also has a hand painted Texas Flag flight case. There are only two of these in existence. Calton made one for Willie Nelson's Trigger, and the second for this guitar.

The second guitar is a "one in a hundred thousand" western red cedar top match with very colorful and curly koa. The photos say it'll on this one.

e are bringing others. I will add photos later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caltontopweb.jpg (33.4 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg calton12thfretinlaywebjpg.jpg (46.1 KB, 390 views)
File Type: jpg rosetteweb.jpg (49.6 KB, 388 views)
File Type: jpg accesspanelweb.jpg (73.5 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg insideweb.jpg (22.6 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg shuberosette.jpg (105.0 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg headstockweb.jpg (55.4 KB, 383 views)
File Type: jpg accesspanelweb.com.jpg (98.6 KB, 390 views)
Old 07-11-2022, 07:08 PM

Wow, that is some art work there, holy cow! That is exciting.
Old 07-12-2022, 07:46 AM

Just FYI, the very same Thomas Leeb who will be in my little corner of the living room in Sept. is currently in Austria teaching an acoustic workshop that one of our performers last year is attending. Just sayin, but that is pretty exciting to me!
Old 07-12-2022, 08:30 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Just FYI, the very same Thomas Leeb who will be in my little corner of the living room in Sept. is currently in Austria teaching an acoustic workshop that one of our performers last year is attending. Just sayin, but that is pretty exciting to me!
I guess maybe there are more than one Thomas Leebs out there, but I really love the one you have coming! One thing I love about his playing is how at times he takes things right to the edge of disaster - but he somehow manages to keep the train on the rails.
Old 07-15-2022, 08:42 AM

Default Lemons to lemonade

So yesterday I got bad news from Max Spohn. Apparently he has to move shop and thought he would be able to find a place near by quickly. Instead, it has taken 6 months and the new shop is quite a distance from the old one so moving is not going to be easy. He was hoping he could still make everything work, but will not be able to do so.

I could have gotten mad or depressed, but instead we made lemonade. A couple of emails and a few texts and we have been able to replace Max with one of the hottest young luthiers going right now...Mr. Gage Halland from Montana. Everyone I know who have played his guitars raves about them afterwards including Mr. Frog (aka Brad Jones)! Gage did an apprenticeship with none other than Michael Greenfield as well.

So Lemons to Lemonade as they say.

We still have room for anyone who would like to meet Gage or try his guitars along with any of the other luthiers coming. Again, thank you to both Paul Woolson and Gage Halland for completing the already impressive lineup of luthiers for B.I.G. III.

Tom
Old 07-15-2022, 07:34 PM
Charter Member

That is quite the lemonade, Tom! Thank you for all the work you are and Kathy are putting into this, really looking forward to this year.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
So yesterday I got bad news from Max Spohn. Apparently he has to move shop and thought he would be able to find a place near by quickly. Instead, it has taken 6 months and the new shop is quite a distance from the old one so moving is not going to be easy. He was hoping he could still make everything work, but will not be able to do so.

I could have gotten mad or depressed, but instead we made lemonade. A couple of emails and a few texts and we have been able to replace Max with one of the hottest young luthiers going right now...Mr. Gage Halland from Montana. Everyone I know who have played his guitars raves about them afterwards including Mr. Frog (aka Brad Jones)! Gage did an apprenticeship with none other than Michael Greenfield as well.

So Lemons to Lemonade as they say.

We still have room for anyone who would like to meet Gage or try his guitars along with any of the other luthiers coming. Again, thank you to both Paul Woolson and Gage Halland for completing the already impressive lineup of luthiers for B.I.G. III.

Tom

Your attitude is always awesome and I know I speak for all of us…thank you and Kathy for your tireless efforts at providing an amazing and intimate experience! From start to finish, you put together the best “mustn’t miss” guitar event that is as much about the attendees as it is the luthiers.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 07-16-2022, 10:08 AM

A coworker might be able to cover my shifts. I should know by Monday if I can make it. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcn View Post
That is quite the lemonade, Tom! Thank you for all the work you are and Kathy are putting into this, really looking forward to this year.
You are welcome and we love to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Your attitude is always awesome and I know I speak for all of us…thank you and Kathy for your tireless efforts at providing an amazing and intimate experience! From start to finish, you put together the best “mustn’t miss” guitar event that is as much about the attendees as it is the luthiers.
Thanks Mike, so glad your better half is coming this year as well!!! WOOT WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
A coworker might be able to cover my shifts. I should know by Monday if I can make it. Fingers crossed.
Fingers are truly crossed!

Just a quick reminder, hotel reservations need to be done before August 1st to get the group rate.

Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop