The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-27-2021, 07:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
This might as well become Juanito’s GAS thread. [emoji1787]
You jest but as they say "Be careful what you wish for",,,,, because like you I am a relatively new convert (from 4 years ago) . And I thought to myself,,, "Oh a few pedals might be nice"" ...But then apparently developed a full blown infection of GAS !!! and now look at me
(BTW a Pedal Train board also )

Two amp wet/dry system

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 04-27-2021 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
You jest but as they say "Be careful what you wish for",,,,, because like you I am a relatively new convert (from 4 years ago) . And I thought to myself,,, "Oh a few pedals might be nice"" ...But then apparently developed a full blown infection of GAS !!! and now look at me
(BTW a Pedal Train board also )

Two amp wet/dry system

Absolutely sick! That’s some beautiful gear you got there. Later today I’ll start setting up the board.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Absolutely sick! That’s some beautiful gear you got there. Later today I’ll start setting up the board.
Here is a small hint, if your using the 2 " velcro supplied by Pedal Train ?

Put full 2 " stripes of the loop (fuzzy) side,,, down onto the entire length of cross bars of the Pedal Train.

Then for the pedals themselves cut the hook pieces into two 1 " wide and just under the width of the Pedal (for it's length) then place one strip towards the top of the pedal, and one towards the bottom of the pedal (so that they catch spanning two of the cross bars. (make sense ?)

This will hold the pedal securely BUT allow you to pull the pedal off to move it, if you decide change the order or add any new pedals, with out starting to lift the loop side attached to the Pedal Train board .
For now anyway IMO, do not place the hook side in a full 2 inch width configuration and full height of pedal as it gets really really hard to try to pull them.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 04-27-2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Here is a small hint, if your using the 2 " velcro supplied by Pedal Train ?

Put full 2 " stripes of the loop (fuzzy) side,,, down onto the entire length of cross bars of the Pedal Train.

Then for the pedals themselves cut the hook pieces into two 1 " wide and just under the width of the Pedal (for it's length) then place one strip towards the top of the pedal, and one towards the bottom of the pedal (so that they catch spanning two of the cross bars. (make sense ?)

This will hold the pedal securely BUT allow you to pull the pedal off to move it, if you decide change the order or add any new pedals, with out starting to lift the loop side attached to the Pedal Train board .
For now anyway IMO, do not place the hook side in a full 2 inch width configuration and full height of pedal as it gets really really hard to try to pull them.

That’s some great advice there since I’m sure pedals will come and go quite often. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2021, 01:27 PM

I've never heard of the Prophet before but it's got a cool vintage vibe to it. I thought it might have been an Tubescreamer clone until I read the fine print on the pedal. How do you like it?

Quote:
This might as well become Juanito’s GAS thread. [emoji1787]
Old 04-27-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I've never heard of the Prophet before but it's got a cool vintage vibe to it. I thought it might have been an Tubescreamer clone until I read the fine print on the pedal. How do you like it?

I have yet to try it since I had no time to fire up the amp last night. By the time I had time for myself, it was already past 8pm so I just practiced through headphones with my Katana. But once I’m off work today at 3pm, I’ll go straight home and try it out. Watched a few YouTube videos and many agree that this might be one of the greatest budget delays at just $69.99. Couldn’t pass it up.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:01 AM

Followed Kev’s advice, and I totally get it. Pedals are secured yet easy to move.

Here it is powered up by batteries and daisy chain. Tomorrow the voodoo power leads come in, and sometime next week, the mounting bracket. Then I’ll make all nice and neat.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Followed Kev’s advice, and I totally get it. Pedals are secured yet easy to move.
Looks good, I would like to take credit for the idea , but actually it was advice from "That Pedal Show" on YouTube (a very dangerous show to ones bank account )

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Old 04-28-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Looks good, I would like to take credit for the idea , but actually it was advice from "That Pedal Show" on YouTube (a very dangerous show to ones bank account )

My bank account just about gave up on me already. This is my worst GAS binge in years, if not ever. I never bought a guitar, an amp, and a bunch of pedals and all the expenses that comes with that in the space of two weeks. [emoji23]
Old 04-30-2021, 03:33 PM

Quote:
My bank account just about gave up on me already. This is my worst GAS binge in years, if not ever. I never bought a guitar, an amp, and a bunch of pedals and all the expenses that comes with that in the space of two weeks. [emoji23]
I feel your pain... I started building a pedal board, and a few weeks later I had more cash into it than a nice guitar! I do like the board though
Old 04-30-2021, 10:20 PM

Default NGD! PRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I feel your pain... I started building a pedal board, and a few weeks later I had more cash into it than a nice guitar! I do like the board though

I love my board, I totally get it now. Even though my Katana amp has modeled just about every Boss pedal ever made, there’s nothing like the organic sound of an analog pedal through a tube amp. Building the thing was a lot of fun too! I’m also playing a whole lot more guitar now too.

This is how it looks now. I moved the phaser in front after the overdrives but before the distortion and wow what a difference!

Last edited by 1neeto; 04-30-2021 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 05-01-2021, 04:49 AM

+1. Something special about the natural tube breakup.
Quote:
I love my board, I totally get it now. Even though my Katana amp has modeled just about every Boss pedal ever made, there’s nothing like the organic sound of an analog pedal through a tube amp. Building the thing was a lot of fun too! I’m also playing a whole lot more guitar now too.

This is how it looks now. I moved the phaser in front after the overdrives but before the distortion and wow what a difference!
Old 05-02-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
+1. Something special about the natural tube breakup.

Yeah I can’t believe I deprived myself for so long. I guess because tube amps are generally expensive, and solid state modeling amps have come such a long way. But tube amps are something special.

Ok and more GAS! I just couldn’t pass this up since this is a guitar I always wanted. Even though it’s the Sterling version, it’s a hell of a guitar. Neck-through, and very well constructed. If it wasn’t for the made in Indonesia stamp, this would probably pass as a USA made guitar.

Even though it’s a Petrucci model, I’m dying to play the Purple Rain solo. [emoji23]
Old 05-04-2021, 08:04 AM

I don’t know much about “shred” style or Strats on steroids guitars, but I truly love purple guitars! Lots of luck with the new axe.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:55 AM

Default NGD! PRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
I don’t know much about “shred” style or Strats on steroids guitars, but I truly love purple guitars! Lots of luck with the new axe.

Thank you! It’s a shredding guitar, but also very versatile. It even has a pre-amp with a 12db boost push-push switch on the volume pot.

Here’s a quick video. Peavey amp with screamer, Vox, and delay on the clean channel and volume as low as possible with the dial set between 1-2. Who said tube amps have bad tone at low volumes?

https://youtu.be/tKYAhF0ySH0

Last edited by 1neeto; 05-04-2021 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Forgot the video link

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars