The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-20-2021, 11:19 AM

As a Kings fan i know that low key in threads like these is a smart move.
But so far it’s looking better then i expected.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
As a Kings fan i know that low key in threads like these is a smart move.
But so far it’s looking better then i expected.
Kings are hot! Won 6 straight and in a playoff spot.

The outdoors Bruins/Flyers game at Lake Tahoe set an record for the most watched NBCSN regular season NHL game.

Who thinks that the MVP Hart Trophy is currently between Connor McDavid and Austin Matthews?
Old 03-03-2021, 09:58 PM

Leafs just finished dealing with Edmonton in three straight, kept them to one goal over the three games. Mathews was out the first two, re-injured wrist, all three Leafs goalies were outstanding.
Hope they keep it up.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:27 PM

My Flames are in the throws of a organizational land mine being exploded. Stay tuned!

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 03-04-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockysdad View Post
Leafs just finished dealing with Edmonton in three straight, kept them to one goal over the three games. Mathews was out the first two, re-injured wrist, all three Leafs goalies were outstanding.
Hope they keep it up.
That was such an unexpected series outcome. Amazing. It's hard to get used to NHL teams playing each other for 3 consecutive games. I don't like it but at least there's hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
My Flames are in the throws of a organizational land mine being exploded. Stay tuned!
Everton, what's going on in Calgary? What was the consensus on how the team would do this year in the Canadian division? Surely they would have been a playoff bubble team?
Old 03-04-2021, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
That was such an unexpected series outcome. Amazing. It's hard to get used to NHL teams playing each other for 3 consecutive games. I don't like it but at least there's hockey.

Everton, what's going on in Calgary? What was the consensus on how the team would do this year in the Canadian division? Surely they would have been a playoff bubble team?
Issues in "The Room", apparently - though they are lighting up the Sens, as I type. I think we need a new coach. Gerrard Gallant would be someone I'd like to see here. I'd also like to see old Timmy Hunter coaching here - Calgary boy, born/raised/played here like a champ. Kris Versteeg's another guy I'd like to see the organization "hook", in some capacity. I'm not the greatest fan of Treliving, based on is UFA signings, and his decisions on coaches. But he does sign players to good contracts, and the players seem to like and respect him.

It's a torn "room". And a coach who is not Stanley Cup calibre. Some of these guys need a kick in the pants. That's my opinion...

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Old 03-05-2021, 08:52 AM

Default RIP Walter Gretzky

Wayne's dad had a great influence on him. RIP Walter.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Kings are hot! Won 6 straight and in a playoff spot.

The outdoors Bruins/Flyers game at Lake Tahoe set an record for the most watched NBCSN regular season NHL game.

Who thinks that the MVP Hart Trophy is currently between Connor McDavid and Austin Matthews?
If it was all up to me i’d give it to Kane.
Got to love what he’s doing for that team.
Another candidate if he keeps it up is Fleury. I really thought that he would start to decline but boy was i wrong. He’s been a monster so far.

Last edited by Emil; 03-05-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
They sure would need a healthy Markström right now.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
If it was all up to be i’f give it to Kane.
Got to love what he’s doing for that team.
Another candidate if he keeps it up is Fleury. I really thought that he would start to decline but boy was i wrong. He’s been a monster so far.
Yes, and I wish we could've kept him here in Pittsburgh. Murray flamed out and our two goalies were having issues earlier this year. Things are looking up for Jarry now but I really miss Marc Andre.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Issues in "The Room", apparently - though they are lighting up the Sens, as I type. I think we need a new coach. Gerrard Gallant would be someone I'd like to see here. I'd also like to see old Timmy Hunter coaching here - Calgary boy, born/raised/played here like a champ. Kris Versteeg's another guy I'd like to see the organization "hook", in some capacity. I'm not the greatest fan of Treliving, based on is UFA signings, and his decisions on coaches. But he does sign players to good contracts, and the players seem to like and respect him.

It's a torn "room". And a coach who is not Stanley Cup calibre. Some of these guys need a kick in the pants. That's my opinion...
Gerard Gallant is a great coach. Can't believe Las Vegas let him go. I saw him play in the AHL back in the mid '80s. We were directly behind the visitor's players bench and back then there was no barrier between fans/bench. My father's buddy yelled at Gallant "Hey Big Nose" and the woman seating behind us said "what are you saying about my son's nose!" . My father's friend then smoothed things over with her.

Darryl Sutter is the new coach of the Flames. Old school and I think guys will get the 'kick in the can'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Wayne's dad had a great influence on him. RIP Walter.
RIP Walter. The most famous hockey father. We all knew Walter's name back in the 80s.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Gerard Gallant is a great coach. Can't believe Las Vegas let him go. I saw him play in the AHL back in the mid '80s. We were directly behind the visitor's players bench and back then there was no barrier between fans/bench. My father's buddy yelled at Gallant "Hey Big Nose" and the woman seating behind us said "what are you saying about my son's nose!" . My father's friend then smoothed things over with her.

Darryl Sutter is the new coach of the Flames. Old school and I think guys will get the 'kick in the can'.

RIP Walter. The most famous hockey father. We all knew Walter's name back in the 80s.
Gallant was a feisty, chippy player in his day - just check HockeyDB for his penalty minute totals!

I think The Flames bringing Daryl back was an ideal move I didn't expect. Tkachuk, Lindholm, Andersson, Mangiapane, Lucic, some of the 4th line grinders like Ryan - they will love playing for Sutter. I think Monahan will do well under Sutter. Just a hunch. Bennett may, as well - or he'll be in Daryl's doghouse quick, and perhaps out of town sooner, than later. Dube's playing well, but his inconsistencies may also land him in Daryl's doghouse occasionally, but he, too, is a Sutter-type player.

It'll be interesting to see how Gaudreau does, under Sutter. Very interesting, indeed. But Daryl's a winner, an Albertan, and a Flame at heart!

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Old 03-06-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Gallant was a feisty, chippy player in his day - just check HockeyDB for his penalty minute totals!

I think The Flames bringing Daryl back was an ideal move I didn't expect. Tkachuk, Lindholm, Andersson, Mangiapane, Lucic, some of the 4th line grinders like Ryan - they will love playing for Sutter. I think Monahan will do well under Sutter. Just a hunch. Bennett may, as well - or he'll be in Daryl's doghouse quick, and perhaps out of town sooner, than later. Dube's playing well, but his inconsistencies may also land him in Daryl's doghouse occasionally, but he, too, is a Sutter-type player.

It'll be interesting to see how Gaudreau does, under Sutter. Very interesting, indeed. But Daryl's a winner, an Albertan, and a Flame at heart!
I'm a big Gerard Gallant fan. Only 5'10" and he was a beast. He had four consecutive seasons of 70+ points and over 200 PIMs. He won the Memorial Cup coaching the Saint John Seadogs in the QMJHL.

Sutter - Viking Alberta. Great story there with 6 brothers all playing in the NHL at the same time.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Sutter - Viking Alberta. Great story there with 6 brothers all playing in the NHL at the same time.
So true, Dru. What an era!!
Old 03-10-2021, 10:35 AM

Default NHL Returning to ESPN

Looks like he NHL is reuniting with ESPN. Good for both entities!

https://theathletic.com/news/espn-nh...s/JqkVcY1Ks6nH

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic