The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-13-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I understand, not sure how a X20 compares to the X30, but I think you will end up loving both. My X20 is one awesome guitar, I don't consider the price "cheap" at all, but you would have to spend a lot more money to beat it I think. I suspect the X30 is the same?? Enjoy...
The X30 is one helluva guitar. It's comfortable, loud when you want it to be and mellow when you want it to be. When I discovered Emerald guitars, the X30 didn't exist yet (current version that is). I was all set to pull the trigger on the X20 when I seen it announced and took a leap of faith and ordered one. You're right, certainly not cheap when you go all out with veneers and pickups and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
May I ask when you originally ordered?
I officially paid the initial half of the invoice on Dec 14, 2018. The 2 weeks prior to that were spent going back and forth with the build.

Quote:
I spent about a half hour with the A12e-n, a couple times... I thought it sounded better than all the other "entry level" nylon guitars I tried... and then I tried a 312ce-n. Again, the consideration of sound/tone vs cost. The problem with hearing/playing something nice: it's hard to go back.

I did start another thread here about the SLG (Silent Guitar) as a "starter" nylon, before making the CF nylon investment. Sorry for the OT.
No worries Jim. I'll have to peek at the silent guitar as well. I actually hope the nylon itch goes away, though it probably won't.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post

I officially paid the initial half of the invoice on Dec 14, 2018. The 2 weeks prior to that were spent going back and forth with the build.
Hmmn. I paid in full on 8 December. Soon....

I'm hoping that once a certain owner of the company gets back from vacation we will see a triple-length shipping video.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 03-13-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Hmmn. I paid in full on 8 December. Soon....
Now that's interesting. Did they require full payment from you before the build? I'm basing everything off my first experience. I came up with a build, confirmed it with Emerald, they sent an invoice for 50%. For the X30 I believe it took 4 months when I received the next invoice and the guitar shipped on the nearest Friday. I thought that was their norm. I'm going to double check my email from Kevin.

Edit: Just checked Kevin's email and his words were your X20 is finished and looking good. Now that it's paid in full I'm really hoping they ship it this Friday.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:55 PM
Charter Member

One of these days I too hope to hear from Kevin as I ordered a customized X20-12 four months ago, and the last thing I heard was that the customization had started 2 months ago .... sigh ....
Custom Emerald X20-12 guitar
Old 03-14-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Now that's interesting. Did they require full payment from you before the build? I'm basing everything off my first experience. I came up with a build, confirmed it with Emerald, they sent an invoice for 50%. For the X30 I believe it took 4 months when I received the next invoice and the guitar shipped on the nearest Friday. I thought that was their norm. I'm going to double check my email from Kevin.

Edit: Just checked Kevin's email and his words were your X20 is finished and looking good. Now that it's paid in full I'm really hoping they ship it this Friday.
Only minor customization on mine. Swap the g-course on the 12-string neck and give me a separate end pin and pickup jack. Minor enough they are not charging extra for those two small changes. So essentially a bog standard Artisan in Amber. It does have two necks, so twice the fretwork.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarwebguy View Post
One of these days I too hope to hear from Kevin as I ordered a customized X20-12 four months ago, and the last thing I heard was that the customization had started 2 months ago .... sigh ....
I'm sure you will hear from him soon. It seems like this thread caused a bit of a stir. I was honestly expecting it in April. I don't know if it has anything to do with the build. The only custom option I picked for this one is a veneer, which they told me about 2 months ago was unusable, that was a bit of a bummer. Every thing else is stock and no pickup. I opted for the soundboard prep as I'll be installing my own Schatten HFN pickup in it down the road. I don't know if any of these factors have anything to do with it.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Only minor customization on mine. Swap the g-course on the 12-string neck and give me a separate end pin and pickup jack. Minor enough they are not charging extra for those two small changes. So essentially a bog standard Artisan in Amber. It does have two necks, so twice the fretwork.
Judging by guitarwebguys post I'm starting to think maybe they would just finish off a bare bones X20 to get it off their list quicker. No idea how mine got finished this fast. I did have another email from Kevin this morning saying he will send the shipping info later today.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:37 AM
Charter Member

I ordered in early October.....but mine does have a few special thangs....but I ain't in no rush... ;-)

I did hear from Kevin about 2 weeks ago on a question regarding the side dots, and that the guitar is almost ready, and I told him that they can take as much time as needed to produce a perfect instrument.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 03-14-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
I ordered in early October.....but mine does have a few special thangs....but I ain't in no rush... ;-)

I did hear from Kevin about 2 weeks ago on a question regarding the side dots, and that the guitar is almost ready, and I told him that they can take as much time as needed to produce a perfect instrument.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Yeah I hear ya. I was certainly in no hurry. I agree with your logic I would much rather wait longer for a perfectly flawless guitar like my X30 was.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:03 PM

E-mailed Kevin, and he said my Chimaera is actually done except for fitting the pickups.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
E-mailed Kevin, and he said my Chimaera is actually done except for fitting the pickups.
There ya go! That shouldn't take them too much longer.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
There ya go! That shouldn't take them too much longer.
I expect when Alistair gets back from Holiday there will be a feature-length Friday Shipping video.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I expect when Alistair gets back from Holiday there will be a feature-length Friday Shipping video.
Any idea when he's getting back? Seems like he's been away for quite a while.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:35 AM

I did receive the official "Something special is on it's way" email this morning.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Any idea when he's getting back? Seems like he's been away for quite a while.
I think I saw in a post the 18th....so Monday I would guess

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber