The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-20-2018, 06:02 AM
Charter Member

Ah, the order in the universe has now been restored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Lovely, Juston. Thanks for sharing this with us.

But, uh, well, I just checked the AGF Custom Shop rules. A member is only allowed 2 simultaneous build threads. You've 3. The rules also state that the first member to point out another member's violation of the rule shall receive the excess build(s).

No need to thank me, AGF. Just helping to maintain order.

Oh, and Juston, let the 3 be built, bring them to Tom's Texas fest, and I'll choose one.

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2018, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Lovely, Juston. Thanks for sharing this with us.

But, uh, well, I just checked the AGF Custom Shop rules. A member is only allowed 2 simultaneous build threads. You've 3. The rules also state that the first member to point out another member's violation of the rule shall receive the excess build(s).

No need to thank me, AGF. Just helping to maintain order.

Oh, and Juston, let the 3 be built, bring them to Tom's Texas fest, and I'll choose one.

Thanks!
JT, the rules also explicitly state that posting photos of more than one Walker then requires that at least one of those Walkers then be sent to any member whose username ends in "ustonwo." CAGFR § 17.63(a)(ii)(3). Enforcement around here seems to be pretty lax, I guess, because I still don't have a Walker.

Out of pure coincidence, Laurent is building another pernambuco at the same time as mine. I think it's a B-2.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
JT, the rules also explicitly state that posting photos of more than one Walker then requires that at least one of those Walkers then be sent to any member whose username ends in "ustonwo." CAGFR § 17.63(a)(ii)(3). Enforcement around here seems to be pretty lax, I guess, because I still don't have a Walker.
Well, if you're going to be a stickler for details, never mind. Sheesh.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:15 PM

I should apologize, as a current moderator, I should be fully aware of all of these rules, but apparently I am not. To be fair to all parties, I think both the Walker and one of the 3 current builds spoken to previously should both be sent to me to hold onto until this dispute can be appropriately mediated, say by the end of next March? I think we can come to a decision by then.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I should apologize, as a current moderator, I should be fully aware of all of these rules, but apparently I am not. To be fair to all parties, I think both the Walker and one of the 3 current builds spoken to previously should both be sent to me to hold onto until this dispute can be appropriately mediated, say by the end of next March? I think we can come to a decision by then.
Well, I’m hopeful that I can get off with a warning, while you exercise the fullest extent of the law on JT, who is a serial and unrepentant Walker photo violator.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Well, I’m hopeful that I can get off with a warning, while you exercise the fullest extent of the law on JT, who is a serial and unrepentant Walker photo violator.
Look, this is outrageous! I ask the moderators to hold Juston in contempt of forum.

I also ask that the mods exercise some mercy. I once had 3 Walkers and lost one to Mike D. To forfeit another would be cruel and unusual punishment, in violation of the 8th Amendment of the Guitar Lover's Constitution.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

A pitiful plea from a pitiless scofflaw. Ladies and gentlemen of the Moderator staff, this guitaristocracy must be brought to an end! 8th Amendment protections only apply to those who " . . . use guitar pics of exceedingly rare guitars with restraint and moderation, particularly when such pics may present an undue emotional burden on those viewing them . . . "

JT is neither restrained nor moderate in his use of Walker photos, and I think the undue emotional burden is self-evident. Flamed maple and black lacquer, in particular, are known to incite extreme emotional responses, the consequences of which are well known to those already crippled by the effects of GAS.

JT cannot, therefore, plead the 8th and his Walkers should be remanded to my custody with all due haste.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:45 PM

Gorgeous rosette:

Last edited by jt1; 11-21-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

That is, without a doubt, the single coolest headstock of all time.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
That is, without a doubt, the single coolest headstock of all time.
Thanks!

But, this is your thread and your guitar. So, I replaced the photo of that headstock with the photo of the exquisitely beautiful rosette of your Brondel-in-progress. Gorgeous.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:37 PM
Charter Member

Old 12-01-2018, 10:10 AM
Charter Member

Laurent was experimenting with a new body shape.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

Although I applaud experimentation, I opted for his more traditional shape. My headstock is the one in the "centre," according to Laurent. He's from the British part of Maine.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:08 PM

The orange clamps look great with the pernambuco.

In a shot of the fretboard early on you show a proportional divider. What do you use it for?

Nice work!

Ed
Old 12-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby50 View Post
The orange clamps look great with the pernambuco.

In a shot of the fretboard early on you show a proportional divider. What do you use it for?

Nice work!

Ed
I'm not sure I understand the question, ruby50. I'm also not the builder, so I probably won't know the answer, but I can surely find out!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop