The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 10-01-2017, 09:36 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Maury, if you help us any more I'm gonna have to cut you in on some of the profits -- if there were any lol.

Thanks!
Scott
I'm just happy to share my good experience. It's a good product. Thanks but no thanks. #keepingitreal 😬
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 10-04-2017, 02:28 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaurysMusic View Post
I'm just happy to share my good experience. It's a good product. Thanks but no thanks. #keepingitreal 😬
We try to keep it real over here too.

Maybe we should create an acronym = KIR

memmer
Old 11-05-2017, 12:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

Just a note that the model Maury is playing in these vids, the clt-75

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...t-1-25-w-holes

is the number two seller in our company, behind the red teardrop.

This is the identical material used by Blue Chip, except we go much thinner in our models. The TAD-40, their thinnest triangle, is 1.0 mm thick. Our clt-75 is .75 mm thick, and we have teardrops in the same material that go all the way down to .60 mm.

Trust me, you have never played a .75 mm pick as good as this. We'll buy it back from you if it doesn't blow your socks off. This is offered IN WRITING on our site.

Take a listen to these vids and lob us a question or two if you have any. We LOVE answering questions. And we promise not to get all sales-pitchy for you. In fact, we'll even recommend another manufacturer's product if we don't make what you're looking for. I've probably played more picks than you will in your lifetime, so I know the marketplace.

Thanks!
Scott
Old 12-01-2017, 10:57 PM
AGF Sponsor

See, and hear, the Charmed Life difference.

sm
Old 04-08-2018, 03:03 AM
AGF Sponsor

Just wanted to bump this up for new folks to see. Maury really makes our picks sing on his Martin OM.

BTW, I did not "collude" with Maury on these vids. He was so impressed with the way our pick made his OM sound that he shot these on his own and then surprised me by posting these vids. True story.

Oh, and Maury and I like to support each other's businesses, so this pick was not a freebee or a comp. He paid the regular price, like everyone else.

Thanks again, Maury, for your generosity and support.

scott memmer
Old 04-08-2018, 03:04 AM
AGF Sponsor

In the vids, Maury is playing our .75 mm large tri brown series model.

Folks, we are the only company on the planet, as far as I know, using the same material as Blue Chip. Here is a new model we expect to become a best seller once the word gets out.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

For those of you who haven't heard this demo, you gotta take a listen. No, our picks are not smoke and mirrors.

sm
Old 06-04-2018, 01:05 PM
AGF Sponsor

It occurs to me that I had never posted Maury's full review in this thread, so, with your forbearance, I am pasting it below.

Maury's review was not a Quid Pro Quo (Latin translation: I scratch your back, you scratch mine). In fact Maury bought one of our clt-75s and paid full price, then, unbeknownst to me, made five short vids and posted them here on the Forum. I was truly shocked and humbled. Here's one of the vids:

Here is the link to his review on his blog: https://www.maurysmusic.com/maury_s_...med_life_picks

And here's the review in full:

Charmed Life Picks are Made in the USA from two of the most popular materials in the guitar playing world. Top players have compared the CL picks to Blue Chip and Red Bear, and for good reason ... Charmed Life picks are handmade from those same two materials. I received my first CL pick - a .75mm Brown Series Triangle, and I really like it! I spent over 20 years playing thin picks, and developed a "death grip" because those picks flex so well. When Lori and I started Maury's Music, I discovered several boutique pick manufacturers, but all their products were too thick for my grip. Strumming with a heavy pick requires a good amount of touch, and it's taken me a more than a few years to re-train my muscle memory.

I found out about Charmed Life Picks several months ago, on the Acoustic Guitar Forum. We're a proud sponsor of the AGF, and I'd often see glowing reviews for Scott's Charmed Life guitar picks (Scott's a member there, too). I wanted to dip my toes in the pool, but Scott's inventory was mostly standard shaped picks, in thicknesses of .90 and greater. That is ... until now!

Charmed Life Picks just announced their new .75 brown triangle & I immediately ran for my wallet. For me, this pick is the best of both worlds. Because of its large shape and .75 thickness, it has enough flex for my grip, and the right amount of attack & presence. Because of the material used, it has warmth, sustain and a beautiful decay. Before finding this pick, I would want to play a thick pick for its warmth, but need to play a thin pick for its flex and sharpness. This CL pick really brings out the tone of my Martin OM-28V. I'll still bring a pocket full of Dunlop .60 triangles & Awe In One Yellows to my gigs, but my new Charmed Life CT75 is my #1 go-to in the studio and at home. Maybe someday I'll graduate to the thicker .90s - but for now, I'm pretty psyched to have quality pick with some flex. Thanks again Scott!

It's unrealistic to try and capture the subtleties of guitar pick's tone in a YouTube video, but I just wanted to share my first impressions on-camera. Do you play a Charmed Life Pick? Please post your comments below. Thanks!

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 06-04-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:40 PM
AGF Sponsor

In case you haven't heard our picks in these excellent videos.

sm
Old 06-25-2018, 05:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

In case you haven't seen Maury's wonderful videos.

thanks, Maury,
Scott
Old 09-10-2018, 08:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Maury is seen here playing our very popular brown series .75 mm triangle.

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/pro...k-amp-shipping

We are the only company in the world using the identical material Blue Chip uses, except we go much thinner. Check us out!

Thanks,
Scott
Old 09-27-2018, 10:47 PM
AGF Sponsor

We will be releasing two new black series triangle models this weekend, at 1.15 mm and 1.50 mm. These are both $34.50, with free shipping.

The black material was a plastic we discovered through an exhaustive R&D process that stretched out over two and a half years. During this time we tested it a full two years in the field with several dozen players. We had to make sure it measured up to our other materials, Vespel and Casein, which are general regarded as the two leading materials in the field at present. BTW, we are the only pick vendor in the world in production with Vespel and Casein, which probably explains our explosive growth (over 300% sales growth in August alone), once word got out.

Anyway, we tested our black line for a LONG time before introducing it. It is a molecular relative of Vespel, with similar durability and strength. However, most players tell us it cuts through the mix just slightly better in ensemble playing. I've played mando for years strictly with Casein, but I was stunned recently when I played mando with a 1.50 mm black series triangle. It was VERY smooth and sweet, and I now switch back and forth between Casein and the black.

The black material, along with several of our gorgeous Casein colors, are worldwide exclusives to Charmed Life. And we offer a full 35-day refund/return on these -- the longest in the industry -- which rarely come back.

Thanks!
Scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 09-27-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:02 PM
AGF Sponsor

Been a while since I visited this thread, so just bumping it up. If you have not heard the performance of our .75 mm brown series picks, you'll be floored. This is the identical material Blue Chip uses, but we make them much thinner. In fact we just reintroduced our .60 mm brown teardrop. Trust me, you've never played a .60 mm pick like this in your life. We guarantee it -- or your money back.

scott memmer
Old 10-27-2018, 04:13 PM
AGF Sponsor

A lot of pickers are still not aware that we are the only other company in the world that uses the identical material Blue Chip (DuPont Vespel).

More importantly, we go MUCH thinner, all the way down to .75 mm and even .60 mm (BC stops at .90 mm), and a large tri all the way down at .75 mm (they stop at 1.0 mm). We even make a 1.0 mm tri with grip holes, the only one in the industry.

Folks, these will flat-out dust any picks you're currently playing at .60 mm or .75 mm. Don't believe me? Take the Charmed Life Challenge. We offer a 35 days return policy, the longest in the industry.

But a warning: These don't come back. You'll want to keep it.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 11-15-2018, 02:57 PM
AGF Sponsor

Folks, we just reintroduced our brown (Vespel) teardrop at .60 mm thick which we sold to great acclaim about two years ago. Blue Chip stops way up at .90 mm; we're down at .60 mm and, trust me, you've never played a .60 mm pick like this in your life.

Our first allotment sold out in 24 hours. We hope to have another small batch before Christmas. If you'd like to get on our waiting list (no commitment to buy) for this next rollout, please email me directly at charmedlifepicks @ gmail and I'll notify you when they come in. I do not ask for payment until I have the product on the shelf.

Thanks,
Scott Memmer

P.S. We have plenty of brown .75 mm inventory, in both teardrop and large tri. These smoke anything on the market, hands down. 35-day return for full refund if not blown away.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace