The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM

Default Home studio

OK, kind of on a budget, but I don't want to have to upgrade in the future either. I play a Martin DCPA4. So what I want to do is have my Home Studio consist of a little PA that can accommodate mics, guitar, you know a few channels, no problem. What about being able to record, or submit to YouTube?? Basically I want to be able to go out and do 1-2 man acoustic gigs, practice at home with up to 3-4 people, and avoid carrying tons of equipment. What are your ideas for accomplishing this? I know there has to be some here who have great home studios, and those who have less expensive great home studios...thanks,

Last edited by exit96; 03-03-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: left out details
Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM

"Home Studio" generally conotates recording and editing desires. Home recording and "small performance PA" are two entirely different animals. I'm not sure what your interests are from your post.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

The most basic setup for portability with good results would be. personal recorder such as a Zoom H4N or similar, a couple of mics and some stands. Could be set up in about 10 minutes with fairly decent results.

Todd
Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
The most basic setup for portability with good results would be. personal recorder such as a Zoom H4N or similar, a couple of mics and some stands. Could be set up in about 10 minutes with fairly decent results.

Todd
You can go a little more basic... Zoom H4n on a mic stand.

Or you can go my route (since I'm REALLY cheap), H1 on my camera stand:

exit96, I'm assuming you're mostly talking about recording, so I will add a link to my website page for home recording info:

http://www.bluestemstrings.com/pageRecording1.html

Last edited by Rudy4; 03-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Ah yes! Thanks! I am actually talking about both situations, portable PA for gigs, and the recording also. Sorry for the lack of info. The ZOOM is the way to go then? I think the bass player in my band had one of these for awhile...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD