The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

one benefit I would think of running the mag and sbt as seperate (not blended) sources is that you could EQ seperately, i.e. cut highs on the mag to get nice lows, and cut lows on SBT to get rid of tubbiness and just keep the airy upper end with increased gain before feedback...

havent tried it, but I have just installed a k&K (sounds great with the red-eye preamp into my loudbox artist) and I also have a baggs m1 active and am going to try dual source sometime soon to see if it's worth wiring in a second jack to the guitar.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 AM

I ended up having an M1 passive installed. No need for the active on since it's running right into a preamp and this way I don't have to ever worry about changing the battery. The combination of the M1, K&K Pure Mini and K&K Dual Channel Pro ST Preamp is excellent. It's also extremely elegant and compact. One stereo cord from the guitar into a preamp smaller than my BOSS tuning pedal and I can adjust the EQ and volume for each pickup. Pretty neat.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
baggs, k & k, m80, pickup, pure mini