The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-26-2024, 09:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Lagrima 2024 vs 2023

Here's a progress report on my battle with Lagrima. The second section is still not as musical as I would like. Time to practice that section twice as much as the first.

Recording from September of 2023:

Recording May of 2024:

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Last edited by TBman; 05-27-2024 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:21 AM

Progress though!

Noticings...

Maybe a bit too metronomic on the A section? And you seem to be adding a beat in bar two on the 2024 version...just a little delay after the last dyad?

On the B section, you're getting to that slide up to C very quickly, sounds like you're accelerating tempo, but then immediately slowing back down.

Something I've really taken to with this piece is allowing it to be a little more rubato (I hesitiate to use that word, but having a little flux in tempo at "peaks" is fun)...I also really like changing my hand position between the phrases...so I'll play bar 1-2 with a brighter tone, a little more over the soundhole, then come up more towards the fretboard for the repeat melody in bar 3/4.

Just my two cents, I'm no expert.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 05-30-2024, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
Progress though!

Noticings...

Maybe a bit too metronomic on the A section? And you seem to be adding a beat in bar two on the 2024 version...just a little delay after the last dyad?

On the B section, you're getting to that slide up to C very quickly, sounds like you're accelerating tempo, but then immediately slowing back down.

Something I've really taken to with this piece is allowing it to be a little more rubato (I hesitiate to use that word, but having a little flux in tempo at "peaks" is fun)...I also really like changing my hand position between the phrases...so I'll play bar 1-2 with a brighter tone, a little more over the soundhole, then come up more towards the fretboard for the repeat melody in bar 3/4.

Just my two cents, I'm no expert.
Thank you Jeff! I'm going to review your suggestions and see how they work out, thanks!

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Old 05-30-2024, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

More or less on the first part start each phrase (on the meloday line ways up) with a little more gusto and ease up on the descent and a trace slower on last two or three notes. Most everthing played legato.
A simple piece harmony wise but options for expressiveness make it a popular piece.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical