The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-23-2011, 03:57 AM

Default TC flashback delay

hey was wondering if many out there are using the tc flashback delay on your acoustic rig? Whats it like?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:17 AM

I use it quite a bit along with the hall of fame reverb and the corona chorus...

We get much of "our sound" from a unique combination of the settings on a combination of the pedals through the acoustic.

Acoustic pick up choice (and, for us, pick choice) also make a huge difference here. The preferred guitar for the sound is a 614 with an lr baggs m1a pickup.

It's a very fun delay. Musician friend has a deal in there most recent catalog which offers buyers a free Mojo overdrive pedal with the purchase of two other TC pedals (like the HOF reverb and FB Delay)...that's prett cool...I'd be tempted to try a little overdrive on the acoustic.

For pure acoustic sound one obviously would stray from coloring sound with effects...I love pure acoustic sound too...but these just work very well with our band.

Get them and have fun...I definelty would recommend running them through an effects loop...I'm currently running mine out of an LR Baggs Venue DI efx loop.

On a funny note, before I ran them through the loop, I plugged all three into the send and return on my Fishman Loudbox. Clicking on all three pedals produced the clearest sound of a local Mexican radio station...the problem went away when I got everything running through the loop.

-EH

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification