The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-13-2007, 01:46 PM

Default ultrasound D.I.?

Hi all! I have a set-up/rig question for you guys. My normal set up when I play at church is to go from my guitar (814ce) to my amp (Fishman Loudbox Performer) and then line out to the house. When I play my T5 I would add a Line6 Podxt Live in between the guitar and the amp. I love the sound that I was getting from this set up. The only thing was that I was getting a little tired of lugging the amp back and forth from home to church. So I thought I'd try leaving the amp at home, and just plugging my guitar straight into the board (or plug my Line 6 straight in when I use my T5). But no matter how I tweak it, I just can't get the same sweet acoustic sound from the house.

The other day I saw that Ultrasound makes a D.I. that supposedly reproduce the tone that their amps produce. Will this be a light weight, easy solution that I am looking for? i.e. going from guitar to ultrasound D.I. and then to the house?
2006 T5-S Tobacco burst (40th birthday present from my wife! :-)
2008 516CE (KEEPER!)
2002 NS-7
Ibanez Concord 670 (my first guitar!)
Tanglewood TSF-CE (Red)
Old 01-13-2007, 10:25 PM

I use 814CE->US DI + -> Board. I also go DI+ -> US DS3 as a monitor. Works great. I only use the amp as a monitor. So if you have a good monitor, the DI+ will work great.
Formerly ITArchitect
Old 01-13-2007, 11:42 PM

I've owned the Ultrasound DI Plus for nearly 2 years now and it's excellent. I have the AG50DS2 amp as well. I go Guitar to DI Plus to PA and have great tone and sound. I use the efx loop to run my CH-1 chorus and If I need monitor, I go out to a little amp on the stage from the line out jack which is next to the XLR output. Both the XLR output and the line out have volume control so you can set you monitor level separate for the volume you send to the PA. It's a great box and it has the exact same circuitry as the AG amps. I love it.

Nelson

2002 514ce
2003 414ce Ltd
2014 150e
2010 Fender Strat
2017 Les Paul Custom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification