The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-05-2024, 09:06 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Wakefield Guitar Festival -- August 16-18

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to let you all know about the first edition of a new luthier showcase that will be happening this August that is being organized by a good friend, Joshia de Jonge (Sergei's daughter and an exceptional builder). The festival is taking place in a beautiful town, Wakefield, Quebec, that is right on the Gatineau river about half an hour outside of Ottawa. The town has very similar vibes to La Conner -- beautiful scenery, lots of restaurants, shops with local art/crafts, great hiking and swim spots, etc. It's just down the road from Sergei's shop (where I lived for three years) and I can say with confidence that it's a pretty magical little town!

Joshia is hoping to have a weekend that returns to how they felt when she first started attending shows with much more of a mix between classical and steel string builders. She's managed to get an incredible line up of builders for this first edition that I'm excited to be part of...

Sergei de Jonge
Linda Manzer
Michael Greenfield
Mario Beauregard
Jason Kostal
Michel Pellerin
Dontcho Ivanov
Noemi Schembri
Zach Lefebvre
David Ryers

...and many more!

Joshia also has some incredible talent lined up for concerts, again pulling from the steel string and classical worlds. With the unfortunate end to the Woodstock, this is a great opportunity to kick off another top notch east coast show!

You can find out all the details here -- wakefieldguitarfestival.com/en/, and hopefully I'll see some of you there!
instagram
Old 06-05-2024, 10:05 AM
AGF Sponsor

That's going to be a fantastic first edition of a new festival, have fun you all! Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, but I will follow with interest.

Cheers,
Giuliano
Old 06-05-2024, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

That looks fun!! Beautiful place…

Mark Hatcher Pina Parlor Torrified Maple/Cedar
Stephen Kinnaird 00 B&W Ebony/Engelmann Spruce
Simon Fay African Blackwood/Sinker Redwood
Wolfgang Jellinghaus Torres Modelo 43S Maple/Spruce
K Yairi CYTM Maple/Cedar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop