The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 05-16-2024, 01:49 AM

Default Recording King RD-318 Tuner Replacement

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if these Grover tuners would be a direct drop in replacement for the stock tuners on my RD-318? The stock ones are absolute trash and the guitar would benefit from an upgrade. I know I can just rip it apart and take measurements but that requires work and as of right now I'm lazy lol. Plus I just changed the strings not too long ago and don't wanna waste them (I know, I should have taken it apart before I changed them but I didn't think I would have the extra cash to do the upgrade). Any help is greatly appreciated.

So far the mounting screws seem to line up with the measurements on the Grovers so It's mostly the peghead bushings I'm concerned about.

https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-ha...caAid0EALw_wcB
Old 05-17-2024, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous human View Post
Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if these Grover tuners would be a direct drop in replacement for the stock tuners on my RD-318? The stock ones are absolute trash and the guitar would benefit from an upgrade. I know I can just rip it apart and take measurements but that requires work and as of right now I'm lazy lol. Plus I just changed the strings not too long ago and don't wanna waste them (I know, I should have taken it apart before I changed them but I didn't think I would have the extra cash to do the upgrade). Any help is greatly appreciated.

So far the mounting screws seem to line up with the measurements on the Grovers so It's mostly the peghead bushings I'm concerned about.

https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-ha...caAid0EALw_wcB
They fit right in, but you can use the peghead bushings that are already on, they can be difficult to push out. Otherwise, take 2 minutes to take off your E string, remove 2 small screws and measure the hole, 2 minutes to reassemble and tune up.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Tags
dreadnought guitar, grover tuners, recording king