The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-12-2024, 08:54 PM

Default I have two but one of them I do not play

I have an Epiphone Hummingbird Pro and a Martin 000-10e. I never play the Epiphone so essentially I have just one guitar, It is all I need. I am not a performer, I don't do alternate tunings, and my 71 year old ears are not sophisticated enough to hear the difference between Sapele, Mahogany, and Rosewood. So why would I need to have more than one guitar?

Kate Wolf

Epiphone Hummingbird Studio
Martin 000-10e
Old 05-24-2024, 02:34 PM

I think I have finally settled one guitar that suits all my needs. I really like my Taylor K24ce all Koa. I think I found a really nice specimen that looks and sounds great. For me, the fact that Koa kinda sits between Mahogany and Rosewood, keeps if from being too dry or too lush for MY taste and playing style. I will admit it isn't a cheap solution. But, I like the simplicity of one guitar. Not just need to learn how to coax all its potential out of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200394...res/87os1i0703

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200394...res/L8x54pFkh6

Taylor K24ce Limited all Koa
Alvarez Yairi Masterworks CYM75 Classical Guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion