View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 06:37 PM
Charter Member

Default And now for something completely different...

My day took an unusual turn today when I received a call around noon from a friend who has been having some health issues in recent months. He was supposed to work a music/video session but he wasn't up to it and asked me to sub in for him.

The artists were a tribute band named "Deaf Leopard" ...not my cuppa tea but the studio needed someone to handle the Pro Tools end of things. I haven't run a session that big in a few years so I got there abut 30 minutes early to get things sorted and ready to record. The template was set up with folders and that cost me about 15 minutes of hunting and pecking because I've never had a need for Pro Tools folders in my sessions. But once I cracked the folders problem, it was all smooth sailing. The band recorded clips from 10 songs to use in a promo video. We were finished in about 2 1/2 hours.

While I manned Pro Tools, another guy manned the board. I'd met him before and we had an amicable three hours talking about everything from the music we liked in the 80s (neither of us were ever into Def Leopard) to the Yankees. We even had the Yankee game on in the booth for the last hour.

I snapped off a few photos. They have a pretty nice setup and I don't know what kind of video cameras they were using, but the video was crystal clear and obviously a pretty high resolution.

2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube